I'm eating right, excercising, and not losing!

Options
About me... I used to weight 270 lbs back on 2009 - I'm a 5'3 femle, 37 years old. right now, I weight 170.8 (as of this morning) - My goal is to be 150.. or at lst 160 by December 22 (my wedding date)

I am eating about 1000-1200 calories a day.. all good food. Oatmeal, fruits, veggies, chicken, turkey, protein shakes, etc.
I am also excercising some days 2 times a week - strenght training, 30 min in the morning, cardio at night - zumba.
Some days I only do Jillian Michaels buns video, and some days I do power half hour with Tony for abs and the one for arms (total 1 hour)

With all this, it seems I was losing .2 lbs per day. = 1 lb per week.

I was told I'm eating too little, so yeserday I ate 1400 and went up 1.8 lbs.
I think it's becuase I "shocked" my body with all the "extra" food.

Does anyone have any advise, how do I get out of this .2 / day loss - I need to lose 3 - 4 lbs a week.

Thanks!

Replies

• moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    3-4lb a week seems a bit to much to me i sometimes will loose 2lb other times just 1lb and the odd week 0lb :ohwell:
    but from what i have read most ppl seem to loose on adverage 1lb at a time or even half a pound , i think you are trying to rush things and that just doesnt work , 1lb a week is a nice steady lose and most us on here would be well happy with that
  • Beckie_82
    Beckie_82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hiya, congratulations on your weight loss so far, I'm also dieting for a Dec wedding. I think you really need to avoid weighing more than once a week (i know it's hard) but you are weighing differences in water levels or the food you ate the day before may have weighed more but have had less calories.

You are doing everything right by the sounds of it, maybe change up the exercise to do some weights? the more muscle you have the more calories your body will burn.

Good luck x
  • punkahontas71
    punkahontas71 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i'd up the exercise routine to 3-4 times a week. your body is probably used to only working out 2x's a week. its good that you change up the routine but i suggest you add 2 work outs, and weights somewhere in there. muscle burns cals :smile:
  • emilyreese16
    emilyreese16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your wedding! I am getting married in 9 days :)
    I agree that losing 3-4 pounds per week is a little bit unrealistic. I'd say 2 is definitely reasonable. I've been able to lose 2-2.5 pounds a week.

It sounds like you are doing great with your calories and exercise. I was in the same position a month and a half ago-- I worked out religiously and ate perfectly and wasn't dropping weight. It was depressing. I finally went to an endocrinologist and got my thyroid tested and it was low! I've been on thyroid meds for a month and a half now, and have lost 12 pounds (I've still been working out like a mad woman and eating 1200 cals a day). If you haven't gotten yours tested, you might want to consider it. It literally can make it impossible to lose weight, and can also lead to infertility and miscarriage (I have a healthy 6 month old daughter, so mine likely went hypo after I had her).
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Keep those calories up at 1400. 1000-1200 isn't enough for normal body function. Also, instead of focusing on your weight, since part of your goal is wedding awesomeness, incorporate a lifting routine. There are lots online, or I like "Pure Burn Super Strength" DVD by Bob Harper or do 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30. That will get you toned up and looking great in your dress, not just hitting a number on the scale.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I weight 170.8 (as of this morning) - My goal is to be 150.. or at lst 160 by December 22 (my wedding date)

I need to lose 3 - 4 lbs a week.

Sorry, you don't need to. You want to. You only weigh 170 - your body is going to have different ideas about this. The only way you're giong to lose 3-4 lbs a week is by getting cancer or cutting off a leg or doing something else that will have long-term bad effects on your health. (Do you really want people to say, "oh, she was such a lovely bride, shame about the organ failure on her honeymoon! Still, she looked great, I'm sure it's what she would have wanted."?)

ONE pound a week (possibly as much as 1.5) is realistic for your current and goal weights. Which isn't bad - with 1lb/week, have yourself a sauna the morning of your wedding and you'll be at 160, good to go.

Congratulations on all the work you've put in so far and best wishes for a long and happy marriage!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    To make that happen in the time you have stated as your goal, consider eliminating all carbs except for green vegetables. Try to get under 30g/day and substitute all other carb sources with lean meats. It's possible, but not easy. Every 10-12 days have a junk food treat at night (yes, at night), but not a large one.

Congrats on your wedding and great job on your progress!
  • Pema91
    Pema91 Posts: 44
    Options
    Cut your carbs and up your protein!! And get to some short high intensity circuit training sessions in. I think you may be aiming a bit too high in your goal so please be careful.
    Good luck and congrats
    Px
  • LilyVest
    LilyVest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the reply! I am working on weights about 2-3 times a week. I go to a cross training class.
    I'll keep working on it, maybe eat a little more but cleaner - not that I eat junk, but every once in a while....
    Congrats to the 2 brides-to-be too! :)