So tired

Options
Most people I know say they feel great all day after working out in the morning. They are energized and peppy. I, on the other hand, am constantly fighting to stay awake. I feel great up until about 10 minutes before work, so I take a quick nap in my car. But now here it is mid morning and I am struggling to not smack my face on my desk. How can I feel more energized after a morning work out? And yes, I eat breakfast when I get to work.

Replies

• indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin b-12 and have noticed it has given me a boost.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    makes me sleepy too.
    can you work out at night, before bed?
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Are you a morning person or do you have to struggle to get up early for your workout? That could make a difference, and changing the time of your workout may be all you need to do. It's also a good idea to speak to your doctor to find out if you have iron deficiency or another health problem.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Every body is different so what works for one may not work for you! My suggestion is to go get a blood draw panel done. I too was struggling and I was low in vitamin B, D, iron and my hormones along with the thyroid were in the basement. I had to have a iron infusion that took around six hours and I now take med for the thyroid and vit. supplements. I am feeling so much better but when my thyroid med is not quite enough I experience major fatigue. I would have to pull over and take a nap because I could not function. Get it checked out, you will feel better. I now go all day!!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Are you a morning person or do you have to struggle to get up early for your workout? That could make a difference, and changing the time of your workout may be all you need to do. It's also a good idea to speak to your doctor to find out if you have iron deficiency or another health problem.

Working out at night isn't really an option....I have too much to do (make dinner, do homework, try spending sometime with FH and relax). I am definitely not a morning person, but I am trying.
  • fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    depending on how overweight you are, do you possibly have sleep apnea, which would make you very tired the more overweight we are
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    depending on how overweight you are, do you possibly have sleep apnea, which would make you very tired the more overweight we are

Well I only feel this way on my gym days, and I have 16 pounds to go to my goal weight.