Loosing thighs... I wish!

Options
It will sound weird, I know. But to make it easier to understand, here's a lil story.

I always was thin and fit. Between 8 and 16 years old, I did intense figure ice skating, my thighs muscles got big but firm. Between 18 and 23 years old, I went to a gym to get me moving and tone the booty and abs... and maybe lost a lil fat (I took maybe 5 pounds)... my trainer refused I do major leg workout to prevent my thighs going to big coz my muscles get big easily and I dont want the big legs. So low weight only and lots of cardio.
Now... since I have moved away, had problems and took anxiety pills, I took lot of weight.
Seriously... I want my thighs to get smaller... besides what I was already told... any other advice? Less proteins?

Replies

• tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    No such thing as "spot reducing" you either lose overall body fat or you don't. Plain and simple. You can not target one area of your body and reduce size/fat on that area.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Just lowering your BF% will make them smaller, you won't gain bulky muscles in your legs even if you lift heavy because you aren't eating enough to bulk.
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    I have/had the same problem. I'm pear shaped and I've always had massive thighs (good muscle tone but a bit of fat too). I have had to just keep losing weight for them to get smaller because it's the nearly the last place fat goes from my body. Endurance/long distance running will help. I use a resistance band to help tone but not build muscle (which is difficult to do anyway especially with a calorie deficit). People say to stay away from squats, lunges etc but I still do them just not a ton. I've lost 8 inches in my thighs over 2 years so it's going pretty well.

Edited to say that I don't run at all but I've heard that long distance running helps where as shorter distances build the muscles
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    No such thing as "spot reducing" you either lose overall body fat or you don't. Plain and simple. You can not target one area of your body and reduce size/fat on that area.

Not talking about reducing fat but muscle lollll

BTW sorry I didnt read myself before posting... Tittle meant LOSING!!! lol
  • ilovemaisy
    Options
    I have and have always had what a former boyfriend's father rudely called "soccer legs." They will never be dancer - lean.

My thighs are pretty much the only reason I can't go down a size.

I think I'm going to just accept them and be grateful they keep me mobile. I'm pretty sure something like liposuction is the only thing that would make them be any different.
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    I have/had the same problem. I'm pear shaped and I've always had massive thighs (good muscle tone but a bit of fat too). I have had to just keep losing weight for them to get smaller because it's the nearly the last place fat goes from my body. Endurance/long distance running will help. I use a resistance band to help tone but not build muscle (which is difficult to do anyway especially with a calorie deficit). People say to stay away from squats, lunges etc but I still do them just not a ton. I've lost 8 inches in my thighs over 2 years so it's going pretty well.

Edited to say that I don't run at all but I've heard that long distance running helps where as shorter distances build the muscles

Basically, my ex-trainer was right... and nothing more I can do..... thanks! :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options
    Use protection if you have loose thighs.
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Use protection if you have loose thighs.

cart122.gif