Any Silent Hill fans?

Options
sammniamii
sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
Are you waiting for the movie release tomorrow (USA)? I the TV trailers look sweet and thankfully this time it looks like the based it more on the game than they did with the first one....

I'm a gammer geek and this is one of my Favorite Series...

Hell, I'm still trying to talk myself into wearing a tank top so my tattoo will show....

20121024_222720_zps1292e822.jpg

Replies

• sammniamii
    Options
    bump - really, there are none on MFP.... that makes this gamer chick sad :indifferent:
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    The game scared the crap out of me as a kid. The fiancee an I might see this Saturday..or Paranormal Activity 4.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I saw the first one and decided to never see another Silent Hill movie lol
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I just re-watched the first one and liked it better than I remembered. I'm hoping to get the boyfriend to go see the new one in 3-D while it's in theatres!
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Had no idea a new movie was coming out. Loved the first one...never played the game.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    The game scared the crap out of me as a kid. The fiancee an I might see this Saturday..or Paranormal Activity 4.

I think I'm going to buy the game(s) for the bf for Christmas... he's never played them but wants to after seeing the movie
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm excited for it, but will wait until it comes out on DVD, with two little kids and opposite schedules the husband and I don't do movies too much.......and when we do we take the kids =)
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My friend made me watch this movie and it ruined my life. I'm still scared of pyramid head three years later.
  • krorvik
    krorvik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not a gammer. I loved the first movie and this one looks even better. cant wait to see it. Looks freaky. I might have to wait for it to come out on DVD also.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Love the game, and I really enjoyed the first movie. I haven't been to see a movie in months so it might give me a good reason to go!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    The games STILL scare me. I'm such a wuss. BUT, if I was doing anything for Halloween this year, I would totally be one of the nurses. Well... If I had the body for it. :)
  • dropdeadgreggie
    Options
    The games were pretty scary, I might have to go check it out this weekend.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The games were awesome.

The movies suck. This one hasn't even come out yet, but I can guarantee you it sucks.

I'll pass.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The trailer for the new one looks freaky. The games scared the beejesus out of me so I am trying to talk myself into going. hiding.gif

Awesome tattoo by the way! :drinker:
  • Captain_RG
    Captain_RG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of the games. Second one scared the piss out of me the entire time. The first movie was quite disappointing. :/ I'll still go watch this one, but I have no expectations of it being good. I just want to see the monsters on the screen. lol
  • sammniamii
    Options
    I will agree, the first movie was a major let down. They combo'd too many parts from too many games, then changed the storyline considerably. I still went and saw it & own it, but eh... wasn't happy

I have every game BUT the ones on PSP... i love them, I need to get me another PS2 so I can play them again!
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    They filmed the movie Silent Hill 2 literally a block from my house....That was a freaky few nights indeed.
  • ServinItUp
    Options
    After playing the games, the movies are extremely subpar. But nice Symbol of Metatron tat, though!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    It's based on a video game? LOL, I had NO idea....

I saw the first one, and I remember liking it, I am actually going to watch it again this weekend.....

Is the second one a sequel? Or its own movie? Cuz I thought it looked kinda weird from the trailers I have seen......
  • snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've played and loved all the PS1 and PS2 games; currently playing Shattered Memories for the Wii, which is.... meh.

The first movie was not great. This latest one looks better.