Breakfast

Options
I ussually dont feel hungry in the morning and since iam out from 8-5 i dont eat until dinner. However, i read that people who dont eat breakfast are more likely to be overweight. Reasearch it! i just started eating breakfast and i actually feel better, i have alot more energy, which means i dont fall asleep during class and i get through my entire workout without getting tired. Also, i eat alot less at night which i feel is better for me.
SO just wondering if you all eat breakfast and if you feel the benefits from it t:wink:

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I find eating breakfast everyday a huge help! I have problems with my blood sugar dropping low very rapidly. So, eating stedily throughout the day, and starting my day off with breakfast is a must. I usually have a Shakeology shake in the morning. I'm glad you are finding eating breakfast helpful! Isn't it awesome when you find something relatively simple that makes a huge difference?
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm a cook and obviously I'm around food ALL day. I always eat breakfast and I find that a good breakfast helps me avoid snacking and testing (let's be honest, it's snacking lol).
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I ussually dont feel hungry in the morning and since iam out from 8-5 i dont eat until dinner. However, i read that people who dont eat breakfast are more likely to be overweight. Reasearch it! i just started eating breakfast and i actually feel better, i have alot more energy, which means i dont fall asleep during class and i get through my entire workout without getting tired. Also, i eat alot less at night which i feel is better for me.
    SO just wondering if you all eat breakfast and if you feel the benefits from it t:wink:

So are you saying that, until you started eating breakfast, you were ONLY eating at dinner time, after working a whole day?!? If so, wow! No wonder you feel better now! I used to never eat breakfast in high school and rarely in college. I don't remember when I got in the habit, but now I cannot imagine starting my day without it. I wake up famished. Sometimes, my stomach yelling at me is the thing that actually gets me out of bed in the morning. It is my favorite meal of the day.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode all night so you really need to eat something within 1 hour of waking up. To keep your metabolism burning the fat all day, eat every 2 to 3 hours a day.
  • janecashin
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast or I will get a headache and feel miserable the rest of the day. The last couple of days I have not been able to eat until about 9:30 or so and I can really tell a difference between that time and my usual time of about 7:30. I have read so many articles that that morning meal gets your metabolism revved up. I'm all for revving mine up.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am just not awake enough in the morning to WANT to eat breakfast but I force myself to. I definitely feel better when I eat breakfast. I also found I do a better job at controling my eating the rest of the day when I get breakfast.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I can't live without breakfast! If I wait too long my blood sugar plummets and I get very clammy and light-headed. I've always been a fan of breakfast and I've forced my husband to embrace the habit - I know he feels better when he starts the day off with a nutritious meal.

I also find I must have a good amount of fat in my breakfast in order to make it to lunch without feeling hunger pangs.
  • dejablue
    dejablue Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of breakfast. If I could only eat one meal a day...it would be breakfast!!!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i love breakfast whether its a bowl of kashi cereal, cream of wheat , or cottage cheese and granola. i eat alot of cottage chesse.
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    I used to never eat breakfast and about 6 months ago, I started eating it. I feel much more alert in the morning as to when I didn't eat it. Plus, if I eat something with protein in the morning, I am not hungry at 10am like I always used to be.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    I have just recently discovered breakfast myself. Does a body good!! :bigsmile:
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Keep it up! Just view breakfast as the most important meal of the day - you'll feel more alert and will have more energy:smile: