MFP Runner's Club - May 24

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Morning Maniacs! :flowerforyou:

Windy morning here, tantrum.gif but I'll probably try to get out for a short run.

Hope ya'll have a great day & great runs! :smooched:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    Morning Maniacs! :flowerforyou:

Windy morning here, tantrum.gif but I'll probably try to get out for a short run.

Hope ya'll have a great day & great runs! :smooched:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mornin'...I'm not one of your runners but noticed they hadn't returned your greeting yet...they must be out already...so mornin' and you have a great weekend as well!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Mornin'...I'm not one of your runners but noticed they hadn't returned your greeting yet...they must be out already...so mornin' and you have a great weekend as well!

You're sweet!

Good morning to you too! :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon!

Have a great run today. Today is my rest or day off on the running schedule. Tomorrow I have 7 miles scheduled.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Day off of running, did 60 minutes of elliptical. I know, no big deal. :laugh:

10k planned tomorrow with my 6' friend (should make my snail *kitten* move a little faster)!!
    This is the same friend who visited South Africa for 3 weeks and she was telling me that the marathon's over there are 90km long!!!

Wow, that would take me a month to complete!! lol
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Kechie - 7 miles - you rock!!! :drinker: I've never gone that far, yet. :ohwell: Good luck!

Mireille - 90kms???? No...hell no.....:laugh: Good luck w/your 10k tomorrow. Be sure to check in! :smile:

I'm still running...the laundry up & down the stairs, how's that? :bigsmile: Still planning on braving the wind this afternoon. Least I won't be feasting on the gnatty-bugs today. :tongue:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    Day off for me too!

Gotta save up the energy to run 5 tomorrow.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I missed my 10-mile race due to ridiculous congestion this morning. It was idiotic to START the race in the football stadium, which is not accessible via public transportation. And they only had one approach via car open ...

Anyway, after getting over that serious bummer, I went for a 5-mile run this afternoon. It was ok.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I missed my 10-mile race due to ridiculous congestion this morning. It was idiotic to START the race in the football stadium, which is not accessible via public transportation. And they only had one approach via car open ...

Anyway, after getting over that serious bummer, I went for a 5-mile run this afternoon. It was ok.

Oh yp, that really stinks!! {{hugs}}

Sorry to hear about that! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Got 4.6 miles in..:drinker: BUT I was dragging today.....:embarassed: :embarassed:

Hopefully, I'll do better by the 10k. :bigsmile:

Hope ya'll are enjoying your Saturday! :smooched:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Got 4.6 miles in..:drinker: BUT I was dragging today.....:embarassed: :embarassed:

Hopefully, I'll do better by the 10k. :bigsmile:

Hope ya'll are enjoying your Saturday! :smooched:

Awesome!!!!
    Dragging or not, you did it!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I ran my long run today. It was windy and cool and I was running into the wind the whole way back. But the run was nice--I ran 8 miles along a near-deserted trail near my house. I didn't think I was gonna make it, but I pushed myself and got it done! :happy:

Tomorrow's my day off--hope y'all enjoy your runs, though!

Julie
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I ran my long run today. It was windy and cool and I was running into the wind the whole way back. But the run was nice--I ran 8 miles along a near-deserted trail near my house. I didn't think I was gonna make it, but I pushed myself and got it done! :happy:

Tomorrow's my day off--hope y'all enjoy your runs, though!

Julie

I'd say you definately earned a day off!!! WTG!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    I am a new runner and was wondering if I can join the MFP runner's club. I am running my first 5K on May 31st with my husband. I have been running for past 2 months and I built myself up to be able to run 3.7 miles without stopping. I run a bit slow-but still I am running:happy: Is there something I need to do to join. let me know-thanks/melissa
  • Mireille
    Options
    I am a new runner and was wondering if I can join the MFP runner's club. I am running my first 5K on May 31st with my husband. I have been running for past 2 months and I built myself up to be able to run 3.7 miles without stopping. I run a bit slow-but still I am running:happy: Is there something I need to do to join. let me know-thanks/melissa

You are in!!
    There is always someone running, therefore you will find a thread everyday. If by chance you can't find it, don't be shy and start it for us!!

Welcome to our club!! and good luck on your 5k!
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    :tongue: Thank you! I!!! Have a great day!