CLEANSING

I wanna do a 2 to 3 day cleanse .. Bout that time to reset my body n get myself back on point with my diet n mindset .... Ive done water fasting before for short periods of time and it worked wonders ! Anyone willing to join me for 2 or 3 days ? :)

Replies

• LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    would 2-3 days be enough? I thought minimum a week needed for a proper cleanse
  • PINKrunner86
    PINKrunner86 Posts: 4 Member
    I would do it for longer, but my job is very physically demanding and I still plan on exercising. Las thing I wanna do is fall out in the middle of work lol
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Just eat healthy and cut out any junk. Your liver will do the cleansing for you.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Just eat healthy and cut out any junk. Your liver will do the cleansing for you.

Bingo. Cleanses don't do anything for your body that your organs (kidney, liver) aren't already doing. If you disagree, please find me an unbiased scientific study that says otherwise. It's more of a placebo effect than anything. Even worse are the cleanses you buy, not only do they not do anything but you had the privilege to pay for it!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member

Bingo. Cleanses don't do anything for your body that your organs (kidney, liver) aren't already doing. If you disagree, please find me an unbiased scientific study that says otherwise. It's more of a placebo effect than anything. Even worse are the cleanses you buy, not only do they not do anything but you had the privilege to pay for it!

I agree with both of you ladies!!! Cleanses are not necessary. Eat your fruits and veggies, drink a lot of water and get a lot of rest...that's the perfect 'reset' for your body!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    What, specifically, are you trying to "cleanse"?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    9702_9779_2.jpg
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    This could be a record for a sensible post in a 'cleanse' thread.

Unless you were born without a liver and/or kidneys, a 'cleanse' does nothing but rob your body of the nutrients it needs, decreases lean mass, and has a minimal effect on fat.
  • Melsinct has it right
  • PINKrunner86
    PINKrunner86 Posts: 4 Member
    Alllllllrighty then .. I'll take that as a no lol .. This is something I do for myself and my body about once a year and Ive never heard as much negative feedback about it as I have right now .. Its not something I do for prolonged periods of time, but fasting - in my own opinion - is one of the healthiest things you can do for your body .. And of course I already eat healthy and exercise .. The point is not to eat like **** n then go on a "cleanse" lololol .. Its jus a refresher and Ive always felt better after doing them .. I've done my own research on it and I've also experienced the effects of cleansing and fasting on my own -- which Im sure all of you have too otherwise you wouldnt be telling me how pointless it is, right ? -- I was just asking if anyone would like to join me .. But Ill go ahead and consider that a no lol .. Thanks tho