kettle bells

Options
anyone tried these fitness sessions & wot do u think ??

Replies

• sugerfree2
    Options
    not one person done kettle bells ??
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    meh, it's the weekend, it's slower on the weekend, I have one, found it cheap at marshall's or Ross, forget which.
    they're fabulous if you want glute and max to look cuter. There are some Utube videos that can show you various ways you can use it to target certain muscles.
  • Tykelass
    Tykelass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did kettlebells today for the first tme amd loved it. I've been exercising for years and done different things but I found this to be great fun and will deinitely do it again. Even tho I consider myself to be fairly fit, I can already feel where its going to hurt in the morning :o)
  • Tykelass
    Tykelass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    meant to say tho that I have no idea how many calories I've burned as its not in the exercise database :o( I've entered it as circuit training which is possibly not the closest match but I had a right old sweat on afterwards (possibly TMI .... !)
  • Type1Rachelle
    Options
    I freaking LOVE kettlebells!

When I do weight lifting, I typically stick to the basics and lift heavy - squats, deadlifts, OH presses, but I really like mixing kettlebells in there too for core stuff.

Look up some youtube videos and try the more complex moves like high/low windmills and turkish getups - these are my favorite
  • annasensei
    Options
    Love them! But just make sure you know what you're doing. You can seriously hurt yourself if you're not doing them correctly. Either watch some videos or get a trainer to help you out.

They are great for cardio+strength training and varying up your routine. My hamstrings are always burning after a straight minute of kettle bell swings, but it's totally worth it.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I just did a Bob Harper video last night and I'm SO sore today. It was only 30 minutes and I was sweating like i'd been working out much longer. I'm a distance runner, so it's nice to get this kind of workout without running 15 miles! =)
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I try to do them twice a week and I love them. I'm up to a 50 lb kettlebell on some of the exercises. I use this site: http://livefitrevolution.org/ Free but requires sign-in.