NuvaRing....

Options
Does anybody else use or have used NuvaRing as birth control? If so, have you ever had any problems with water retention, or any other side effects? Thanks! =)

Replies

• lovetorun
    lovetorun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else use or have used NuvaRing as birth control? If so, have you ever had any problems with water retention, or any other side effects? Thanks! =)
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    honey I wish I knew but I cannot use birth control with horomones cause most can kill me(hypertensivbe) but I believe this is a low dose, so It may be kinda the same effects as the pill but less severe.
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Hi! I used the Nuvaring for about 2-3 months and stopped because I was gaining weight (fluid, nothing drastic), and the worst part was my normally acne-free face was covered in acne. Right around that time of the month I would get like 10-15 spots which is severe for my skin type. I went to the doctor and she said she had never heard of reactions like that to nuvaring but everyone is different. I have a friend who has used it for years (she recommended it to me) and she has had no problems.

I eventually switched to Yaz which is amazing because I have had no symptoms at all and have been on it for 3-4 months now.

Good luck, hope this helped!
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    Options
    I use the nuva ring and love it. The only side effect I have is a headache if I don't reinsert a new ring in 5 days, I can't take the whole 7 days without. The headache feels like a hangover headache, not fun. I have had no weight gain or bad skin, I did get these things on the pill, I think age has a lot to do with side effects I am 37. Hope this helps.
  • shannonbanana
    shannonbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was only on it for a few days before switching. I felt stomach sick and uncomfortable, and it kept falling it. I recently switched to the depo shot which I love. You only have to worry about it every 12 weeks and it has the lowest chance of weight gain of any other birth control. I was also on the patch for years and it had no side effects at all, it is just hard to keep on if you are constantly swimming like me. Good Luck!
  • lovetorun
    lovetorun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody! this really does help, I appreciate you taking the time to respond!
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I used it for about 4 months, and absolutely LOVED the convenience of it!! The only side effect I had was increased discharge, which eventually caused me to stop using it. Nothing like a little surprise every time you sneeze or cough (especially for someone who has allergies and does this all the time!)