Logging calories burnt during netball?

Options
So I've been using MFP for over a month now and play netball 2/3 times a week but can't log it as its not on the exersize lists!
Does anyone else play netball and how many cals would you say is burnt during a game playing either WA/GA or WD? I've noted it as basketball but I think more cals are burnt in this than netball in a game..
Thank you :)

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So I've been using MFP for over a month now and play netball 2/3 times a week but can't log it as its not on the exersize lists!
    Does anyone else play netball and how many cals would you say is burnt during a game playing either WA/GA or WD? I've noted it as basketball but I think more cals are burnt in this than netball in a game..
    Thank you :)

All depending upon how much you weigh.

However, a 65kg (143lbs) person would burn approximately 450 calories an hour playing netball.
  • katesmithy
    Options
    Ah right thankyou! I weigh 149 so probably about the same! That's more than I thought :)
  • ergaf
    ergaf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How/where a bouts did you get this information... i've been trawling the internet to work it out!! :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    How/where a bouts did you get this information... i've been trawling the internet to work it out!! :)

Hi!

From the site below:

http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/body+fitness/news+features/get+fit+with+netball,8389

Also this next site shows calories burned for other activities as well as netball, but give a higher calorie burn for netball:

http://www.bootsdiets.com/calories_burned/team_sports/team_sports.html
  • ludds
    ludds Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think with netball it massively depends what position you play. If I play GS I barely break a sweat and tonight have played 50/50 GS and Centre and boy could I feel it! I keep trying to get away with my calorie counter watch on, under a sweat band but I keep getting rumbled by the umpire lol. I would predict that it's around 300 calories when I'm in GS and probably double that in Centre, based on comparisons in how I feel compared to other exercise and sports I do.
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    I wore my HRM a few times and at 87kg playing GK/GD i was burning between 300 and 400 cal
  • clitorissa
    clitorissa Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Not sure if will help as it obviously depends on the person but i play GK/WD and weigh around 85 kilos, ive used my garmin vivofit with the heart rate strap and it has varied anywhere from 500-680 cals per game (I also have it on for about 15 minutes beforehand while we practice passing and shooting). In saying that though im not 100% certain how accurate the garmin straps are and i also think because i am quite unfit it burns more calories(?), even running/jogging 6km burns about 600 cals for me!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    clitorissa wrote: »
    Not sure if will help as it obviously depends on the person but i play GK/WD and weigh around 85 kilos, ive used my garmin vivofit with the heart rate strap and it has varied anywhere from 500-680 cals per game (I also have it on for about 15 minutes beforehand while we practice passing and shooting). In saying that though im not 100% certain how accurate the garmin straps are and i also think because i am quite unfit it burns more calories(?), even running/jogging 6km burns about 600 cals for me!

Is that your real name? I was just curious
    @clitorissa
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Lol. Yikes.