New Comer

Options
Hi I just joined this site last night and I just recently decided to take my Life by the horns. I am looking at a weight loss goal off 100 lbs but I am doing it in interval goals. I would like to be 20lbs lighter by June and than 40 lbs lighter and healthier by September and so on. we will see how it goed and how positive I can be. I have one fall back, I'm a stress eater.. Any suggestions on what to do to eliminate the habbit of eating when the stress levels rise?

Replies

• osram34
    osram34 Posts: 54
    Options
    when your stressed out and have a tendancy to eat the only way that i have been able to deal with that being a stress eater my self is not to stop the eating but to just replace what your eating with something thats healthy once u start reading up and getting ideas from people on this site you will be able to identify what u can eat and what you cant. Gook Luck and See Ya Around
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job on having smaller realistic goals!! Some people go into this with the "Biggest Loser" idea...losing 5-10 lbs a week...uh, that's really hard to do, and not really healthy...but losing it in incraments helps you keep it off!
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am not a stress eater (I eat when I'm bored), so I don't know if this would work for you, but it has for me......Exercise. When I feel like I need to eat, I try to go for a walk or a bike ride instead. Usually that works, because like I said, I am really just bored so I want to get food and eat in front of the tv.