Decided to get fit for myself!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am a newcomer to the site and I am really excited to be a part of the community. I've been carrying around extra weight for most of my teenage and adult years and I have recently put on a few more pounds. I have decided enough is enough. Obesity runs in my family and I have decided to take action and get my weight to a healthy range and increase my level of fitness before it gets out of control. I know I will struggle along the way but I am really looking forward to this journey and making a healthy change in my lifestyle that will be permanent and do something for myself. Hope all is well with everyone! We can do this!

Sincerely,
Veronica
finallyfitforme

Replies

• redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome Veronica! I know what you mean my family has a history of diabetes and obesity. I have been over weight pretty much all of my life , a few years ago I said enough is enough. I use to weigh 350lbs I got down to 210 lbs all on my own, no gym, nor medication just walking and watching what I ate, I did the whole low carb thing and it really worked. Then for a 2 years I was stuck at 210lbs I joined this website a few months ago and have lost close to 45 pounds, I am currently at 168 lbs. I can't even tell you the last time I weighed this, maybe in highschool or in middle school no joke. All my life my weight has always been a battle, my family and friends keep me focus. It is a battle everyone whether they are skinny or fat it is a struggle. So if I can do it, I know you can :) Keep it pushing :) If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if ya like!
  • FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A really good quote goes like this: "The first step in solving any problem, is recognizing there is one". So, good for you that you're taking charge, because really, it's been up to you this whole time! Yes, you'll struggle on this new journey, cause the only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. Good luck!!!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    good luck
    I would suggest finding something you enjoy to get fit.
    I can't go to the gym for more than two weeks before i start making excuses no mater how good my intentions.
    but...
    hula hooping - i go every week rain or shin and have for the past 2 years
    pole dancing - such a laugh i don't even realize how hard i am working till i am sore the next morning
    parkour - loads of fun- i am just starting again after an unrelated injury and despite the fat my buddy has cancelled on me i am still going as i really want to get back into it!

so my advice ( if you want it) to get fit for you is to find something you love doing, something that'll get you out of bed in the morning or get you rushing out of work in the evening!
  • TJoVasquez
    Options
    Good for you Veronica! It is you time : )
  • Brynne1234
    Brynne1234 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • jozettesummers
    Options
    I feel the same way and also have a family history of people being overweight and diabetic. I have to admit i have begun this journey to get in shape not only for myself but for my kids, so that i can keep up with them. Feel free to add me and I will try to help be encouraging, we all need it from time to time!
  • baoneill29
    baoneill29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too!