health/fitness books

Options
Does anyone have any good books that are about health or fitness? I really need to find some books that is going to help me get some knowledge.

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Well - you know I dig the paleo vibe. I'm not faithful to it all the time but I do swear I feel much better when I am. You can't beat meat, veggies, fruit and nuts! That being said, these are my two go-to books, honey - I hope you find them helpful if you decide to check them out!

This one is more of the sciency, hows and whys on food's effects on your body:

The Smarter Science of Slim by Johnathan Bailor

This one is more of a basic info, get into it and change your life right away approach, complete with some great inspiration too:

Quantum Paleo by Dr. Doug Willen

I have others I can suggest if you're interested but I really like these the most. Let me know how you're doing with everything! :smooched:
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think most of the information you can find in books, you can find online? Hit up google. :)
  • tarathfon
    Options
    Losing! I can't believe noone has responded yet. The first time around, I kept a log of every book I read. I used reading about fitness to keep my mind off of craving. In my log, I kept a little list of important things I read in each one. I could meander up to my attic and list all of the books for you, but I have a better idea for you. Either go to your local library or get on their website and look up keywords, like: health, fitness, weight, nutrition. Note the call numbers, and when you get there, remember the section and keep going back. I subscribe to Fitness, Shape, Health, Self, Taste of Home, TOH Simple and delicious, Whole Living, Everyday with rachel ray---most were free, and not only to they have a ton of motivators each month, but they make lots of great current reading suggestions.
  • tarathfon
    Options
    One last thing-- don't ignore a book because it follows a diet you're not interested in. There is still a lot to learn in every book.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    the new rules of lifting for women is a great book if you want to get into lifting weights!
  • norakcarolan
    norakcarolan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The Abs Diet for Women. It's great at explaining how building muscle will help your body burn more calories, and explains how to go about doing it, from both the food and exercise angles.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thank yall so much. I'll be checking in with my local library and getting my read on!
  • ChiGirl79
    Options
    Personally I tend to stick with magazines- Women's Health and Runners World. Both give some great training tips and recipes to look forward to each month.

For books, I've checked out a few of the "Eat This, Not That" books from the library. If you want some good/interesting reads on food I suggest the "Omnivores Dilemma" by Michael Pollan and "Organic Manifesto" by Maria Rodale. I currently have "Born to Run" on reserve from the library and can't wait to read it.