Losing weight but cant see it?

Options
I have lost close to 5kg since I started about 6 weeks ago and I'm really happy with that but when I look at myself, I can't really see a difference? I guess its hard to tell when you see yourself every day. I mainly want to tone up and lose tummy fat but my tummy still looks the same to me so im not sure, maybe it will take another 5kg to see a bigger difference. I started at 70kg and am down to 65kg, I am med height for a female so I think 60kg would be a good weight. Do any of you have the prob where your losing weight but cant really see the difference body-wise? lol thought I'd ask..

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Compare before and after pictures
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24lbs (I have no idea what the conversion is sorry) and until recently couldn't tell AT ALL. I still have moments where I can't tell but then when I see my profile and the fact taht I have a curve at my hips instead of a line all the way down is encouraging. I have a long way to go still though.
  • tarathfon
    Options
    The first time I lost weight, I had the same problem. I have BDD, so I could only tell results using the scale. This time around, I've been taking monthly photos.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've lost 48 pounds (21.8kg) since my heaviest and I STILL don't really see a difference. My problem is that I was always kind of in denial about how big I really was. When I look back at pictures of myself though... WOW! There is a huge difference!

I'm sure there is a difference, but it's probably just not enough for you to see when you see yourself every day. I bet someone who hasn't seen you since before you lost would be able to tell.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Do you not notice a difference in how your clothes fit? Also, 5kg (~11lbs) isn't a huge amount of weight that would make a drastic difference in appearance. Still, you lost that weight, so there is a visual difference even if you're not seeing it.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Outside of little things here and there I cannot tell either, but I have a lot to lose. I do feel better and did buy jeans 2 sizes smaller, still tight but fit. I think or hope in another 10-15 pounds it will be more noticeable, i will add no one else has noticed. My husband says he notices, he would cheer me on even if he didn't notice :smile:
  • jilllemar
    Options
    I've lost 48 pounds (21.8kg) since my heaviest and I STILL don't really see a difference. My problem is that I was always kind of in denial about how big I really was. When I look back at pictures of myself though... WOW! There is a huge difference!

I'm sure there is a difference, but it's probably just not enough for you to see when you see yourself every day. I bet someone who hasn't seen you since before you lost would be able to tell.

Me too. I saw a pic of me taken yesterday and was like what??? I've lost 23 pounds, I was expecting to look smaller. For some reason the person I see in the mirror doesn't look like the one in the pictures.
  • jilllemar
    Options
    Another thing about losing weight that I am struggling with is my damn belly. I have lost weight EVERYWHERE, my arms are a lot smaller, my thighs, behind, face, and especially my boobs, but my stomach doesn't seem to be keeping up with the rest of me! I do cardio a 4-6 times a week and weight training 3-4 times a week. I do sit ups, ab machines, girlie push up, everything I can think of and still nothing with that belly.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Take weekly pictures and compare. At first I didn't see a change but somewhere between 15-20 pounds, wowza! LOL