Stalled and needing a pick-me-up: Comparing old pictures

Options
paine016
paine016 Posts: 77 Member
Sometimes it's hard, when stalled, to concentrate on anything but losing more weight. I'm kind of feeling that now. I keep reminding myself that I HAVE made a lot of progress. That I didn't get fat overnight and, as a result, I'm not going to drop the extra pounds in the blink of an eye. What helps me in this situation is to look at old pictures.

When I see myself in them it's almost like an out-of-body experience; I feel like I'm someone else, looking down at this obese person, but I know it was me. I knew back then that I was fat. All fat people know it. It was on my mind all the time. I just didn't realize just HOW fat I was. The number on the scale was just a number. And, honestly, I hadn't weighed myself for a couple years prior to that point. When I saw the picture, I knew. It was like a punch in the gut.

I've lost 34 pounds since coming here, and 40ish before that. It's just difficult sometimes to fully appreciate that when there's still a long trail to hike to goal. But I will make it. We all will. And we will look back at those pictures we took of ourselves in awe.

EitYs.jpg
A side-by-side comparison. April 2010 at 260+ pounds to October 2012 at about 187.

f2JOe.jpg
April, 2010. 260+

1hDpi.jpg
Today!
Edited to say, sorry about the size of the pictures. Resizing them now.

Replies

• geebeeodiham
    Options
    Inspiring :happy:
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You've done such a wonderful job and you look SO beautiful. :)
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You look much younger!
  • Hailei
    Hailei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awwww... you should be SO proud of yourself, you have to pick yourself up, because doing what you did for yourself is so big! You look beautiful and losing weight wiped at least ten years off you face! If this isn't a motivation, I don't know what is :))
    No, really, you've gone too far, to quit or to lose ambition. Even if for some time you won't lose weight, just stay on track, to keep what you've gained, cause it's so worth it!
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In your face you just look so much happier and healthier! What a beautiful woman.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Keep looking at those pictures girl! you have done brilliantly so far :)
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    your eyes and hair! :heart:

stunning! You look amazing and should be proud of what you've achieved
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just Beautiful!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    1. You look wonderful.

2. Random but I love your nose. It's very regal and lovely. :)
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! What you said is so true, though. When you're there, you don't realize how much you weigh. At that point, I would look at pictures and be okay; but when I lost weight, I was like, "wow! Why didn't anybody tell me?!" Some people would say they didn't realize either until they saw the difference. Looking back, however, I remember my mom kept nagging me about my weight. I would think she was just saying it because I didn't look like her ideal image of me. No, she saw what I wasn't seeing - a WHOLE lot of me. I'm not as much as I used to weigh, but have gain some previous weight loss back. I'm on board with you, though - I'm going to do it this time. It may be a long journey, but I just got a tune up, gassed up, and ready to ride! =)
  • marfmellows
    Options
    Congratulations! You are GORGEOUS!
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your extremely kind words. It truly means a lot to me. I just can't get over how nice people are!

Here's some internet hugs for everyone!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    you got this!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Just keep going. :)
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You look like a Raphael painting, so beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!