How many Carbs should I eat?

Options
Since about August 27th, I have lost about 37 pounds from burning about 3,000 calories four times a week and consuming about 1, 000 calories per day but I should be consuming 1, 500. Just can't and I like my deficit to be 2, 000 per day.:smooched: . I don't really care to hear about my caloric intake, I am working on it- just a busy woman and I don't eat high calorie food.

My question is, with such a high activity level but yet trying to lose the last 25 pounds efficiently as possible with my diet too, how many carbohydrates should I eat a day? I am trying to eat more protein and fat than I do with my carbohydrates and try to concentrate on complex carbs (usually just in the morning).

If anybody could help me with that, let me know.

Replies

• LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like my deficit to be 2,000 per day

:noway:

I'm not sure that will be an effective way to keep the weight off in the long run, regardless of how many carbs you're eating.
  • Meghancwis
    Meghancwis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On the other three days, I eat about 1, 500 calories. This is not an everyday thing. I have lost 36 pounds so far in about 8 weeks so I am not to worried about the weight coming off or staying off. I am just curious about what is a good recommended amount of carbohydates a day for a very active woman?

If you can't seem to answer that question, don't answer to the post at all sweet cheeks. ;)
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Don't eat more carbs than your macro. That's how many you should eat. :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If what you're doing is working for you- why change it?
  • Meghancwis
    Options
    What is a Macro? Something new I haven't heard of. Que me in, please! I noticed I lose more weight by eating less carbohydrates and I try to limit myself to about 60 a day. Some days I go over and eat maybe 80 but I am really trying to figure out what is right for my activity level, how much I am able to eat through out the day with such a busy schedule and what not.

Thanks for the nice reply! Let me know ASAP.:bigsmile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    2000 calorie deficit per day? You may need some medical help, as that's a classic eating disorder sign...
  • Meghancwis
    Options
    Obsessive compulsive.
  • Meghancwis
    Options
    You think so? Well, most days I just can't get enough in because I am pretty busy. Some days I can't get to the grocery store and eat something quick. Think what you want, I suppose.
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
  • Meghancwis
    Options
    Anywho, I figured out how many carbohydrates I should be eating a day. Feel free not to reply to this post anymore. Thanks and good luck on all your weight-loss journeys. :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    You should eat about 200g of carbs a day, and make sure you reach 100g of protein, and get about 50g of good fats. Make sure you reach those goals daily and you'll know you have a healthy diet.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    You should really consider eating more. I know that wasn't your question--but SERIOUSLY--consider it.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I like my deficit to be 2,000 per day

:noway:

I'm not sure that will be an effective way to keep the weight off in the long run, regardless of how many carbs you're eating.

That's a new strategy if I've ever seen it -- 4 pound weight loss per week---greater deficit than total calories consumed. EEKS!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    wow.

this is mentally unhealthy.
    please seek the help of a professional.
  • pjs316
    pjs316 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, don't know if this will help you but my son in laws Dr. put him on 45 carbs daily. He has lost a little over 100 lbs. One of my nursing friends is on 45 to 60 per her Dr. She has lost 37 lbs. So far. Sounds like your 60 is doing well for you! Have a great day.Good luck!
  • mslainie
    Options
    in case you were inquiring about low carb diets, they reccommend 30-40 grams of carbs a day. not for long term obviously. i wouldn't do that over 6 months.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I love these threads with such charming OP's.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    So you net negative 2000 calories 4x a week? Carbs are irrelevant at this point. You don't eat enough. You're going to gain back every ounce you're losing on this plan- it's completely unsustainable. Seek help.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    So you net negative 2000 calories 4x a week? Carbs are irrelevant at this point. You don't eat enough. You're going to gain back every ounce you're losing on this plan- it's completely unsustainable. Seek help.

Yep. This.

Sorry you don't like the repeated advice from multiple people but it's very, very GOOD advice.... and....

TRUTH.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    To specifically answer the question: a whole helluva lot more than you currently eat.

I also recommend lots more fats and protein too.

Perhaps a trip to a shrink or a nutritionist as well. Even better - both.
This discussion has been closed.