Problem focusing on exericising. help?

Options
whats a good way to keep myself motivated and focused on my work out regimens? I try and keep focused, but I just cant seem to keep going. I marked some pages of Shape magazine that I am subscribed to, and I want to do those work outs, but I dont know what it is thats making it really hard for me to focus. Is there any ideas you guys can give me to keep me focus? I know I dont get on alot, and thats part of my focus and motivation. Im good at watching what i eat, and careful with the calories, but what can I do to just stay focus on the exercising part? Thats the biggest issue I have at the moment. So any ideas?

Replies

• Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Crack helps

But seriously, try taking a pre-workout supplement. One that I would recommend for a beginner is called N.O. Xplode. It will help with motivation, energy, drive and focus. Start with very small dosage and test your tolerance as your body will be very sensitive to stimulants when you first start taking them.

The first time I tried a pre-workout supplement I felt like everyone in the gym was on an elaborate scheme to make me have the best workout of my life. That's how much they help.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Besides crack (cause yes, that always helps)....:tongue:

Find something you enjoy doing- motivation done!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    find something you like doing.... i've tried different things, and the ones I tend to stick with and look forward to are the ones I like doing.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Find a buddy to work out with. If I know someone is waiting on me to go running I'm much more likely to haul my butt out of bed in the morning and go.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Find a workout that you enjoy and promise yourself a specific time block during the day to do it. Break up a longer workout into 10-20 minute increments different times of the day then work up to the point where you feel confident enough to go the whole way through
  • lilxmiz
    lilxmiz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Crack helps

But seriously, try taking a pre-workout supplement. One that I would recommend for a beginner is called N.O. Xplode. It will help with motivation, energy, drive and focus. Start with very small dosage and test your tolerance as your body will be very sensitive to stimulants when you first start taking them.

The first time I tried a pre-workout supplement I felt like everyone in the gym was on an elaborate scheme to make me have the best workout of my life. That's how much they help.

Cracks very expensive. lol.
    Ill be sure to check out that supplement. :) thanks for responding
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    Find a buddy to work out with. If I know someone is waiting on me to go running I'm much more likely to haul my butt out of bed in the morning and go.

God I wish I had a work out buddy, and I been begging my best friend to work out with me, and she complains about her back and never wants to do anything. I just wish I knew more people who want to lose weight around here. thanks for the response
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    Find a workout that you enjoy and promise yourself a specific time block during the day to do it. Break up a longer workout into 10-20 minute increments different times of the day then work up to the point where you feel confident enough to go the whole way through

thanks a really good idea. i think i might try that out. :) thanks for the reply
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    find something you like doing.... i've tried different things, and the ones I tend to stick with and look forward to are the ones I like doing.

thanks for the reply, and AWESOME job on 115lbs lost! :) hope I get to see a number that good soon.
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    Besides crack (cause yes, that always helps)....:tongue:

Find something you enjoy doing- motivation done!

thanks for the reply
  • nicolev112
    nicolev112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to a free 12-week workout program with a detailed menu and fitness schedule you can follow. Having planned workouts makes it easier.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    Here is the link to a free 12-week workout program with a detailed menu and fitness schedule you can follow. Having planned workouts makes it easier.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html

Im book marking it now and try it out. Thanks alot. :)
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What works for me is setting a schedule and sticking to it. Once you get into a pattern/routine, it will become second nature to you.
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    What works for me is setting a schedule and sticking to it. Once you get into a pattern/routine, it will become second nature to you.

yea thats what I normally do, but its the sticking to it part to get use to it, thats what gets me. idk what it is.
  • andrea2787
    andrea2787 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Find a piece of clothing - a shirt, a pair of pants, a dress - that is a small "goal." Keep it in plain sight so it will remind you of your goal! Be mindful to pick something that isn't too far away, otherwise you'll get overwhelmed and perhaps fall off the wagon.

Also, try new playlists with songs that you ONLY listen to while working out. Eventually, when you hear those songs, your body will want to work out!

Those are just some of the things that work for me. :) Good luck - I know you can do it!
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    Find a piece of clothing - a shirt, a pair of pants, a dress - that is a small "goal." Keep it in plain sight so it will remind you of your goal! Be mindful to pick something that isn't too far away, otherwise you'll get overwhelmed and perhaps fall off the wagon.

Also, try new playlists with songs that you ONLY listen to while working out. Eventually, when you hear those songs, your body will want to work out!

Those are just some of the things that work for me. :) Good luck - I know you can do it!

thanks. and I have a pair of size 18 jeans somewhere, I think the last time we arranged my room, it was accidently thrown in the goodwill by my friend. :/ But Ill try that. And I have these bands I use to listen to when I would work out when I was younger I might look back into. Thanks :)
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I agree. Music is what keeps me focused. I use a playlist of songs that make me want to move and dance. I only allow myself to play this list when I am working out. So it gets me motivated to move AND I enjoy my workout even more.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    A tip that has helped me so much is: turn off your phone at the gym. Mine is completely off, not just on silent. That is my time, I don't care about work, texting, Facebook, etc. also no way to check the time :) I'm there until I'm done, not a predetermined amount of time. If it is a 100% life or death emergency and my phone is off, my family or friends know where I can be reached, otherwise, ill deal with it later. It's actually kinda freeing lol, sometimes I don't even turn my phone back on for a while after I leave the gym :) haha
  • lilxmiz
    Options
    A tip that has helped me so much is: turn off your phone at the gym. Mine is completely off, not just on silent. That is my time, I don't care about work, texting, Facebook, etc. also no way to check the time :) I'm there until I'm done, not a predetermined amount of time. If it is a 100% life or death emergency and my phone is off, my family or friends know where I can be reached, otherwise, ill deal with it later. It's actually kinda freeing lol, sometimes I don't even turn my phone back on for a while after I leave the gym :) haha

thats a smart idea. Only i use my phone as an mp3 player too cause i dont own any other form of mp3 players. but Ill try it sometime :)