If you could have a couple of do-over's

Options
citygirl04
citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
what would you have done differently??

I would never have moved to the town I'm living in and I would never have gotten married.

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I would have waited until I got a car to go to college. Now I got student loans and have to rely on others to get me to and from the job that doesn't even use my degree at all. *Siiiigh*
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Studied harder in HS, got scholarships and went to college to be a therapist.

NOT letting my dads spending my college fund on a boat detract me from my dreams.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I would have sold my soul to boredom and paperwork and just majored in pharmacy...
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i would have went to college right out of high school, instead of waiting until 7 years later
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I would have ditched that taint crushing bike seat a season earlier and saved thousands on ED meds.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I'd have dumped the toxic people in my life a lot sooner and gotten control over my weight before I ballooned up into obesity.
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would have kept my maiden name when I got married. It was only 4 letters long...his name is 9 letters!
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I would have realised in my teens that I had an amazing body and the issues were all in my head. Would have saved me gaining 40kg later in life
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would have worked harder in high school, gotten scholarships and went to college.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't have gotten a car loan with no credit. Paid it off years ago but I'm still pissed at myself for that.

Wouldn't have dropped out of highschool just because I was flippin' bored. Had a 4.0 GPA, full ride to CalArts, and I blew it. Because I was impatient and bored. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. A thousand times stupid.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have gotten caught! That arrest record won't go away :grumble:
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would have ditched that taint crushing bike seat a season earlier and saved thousands on ED meds.
    Oh Gawd! If this is serious I am sorry. But if it's not, this is hands down the best thing I have ever read on MFP.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Would have married a different guy from my ex.

Would have joined the military. too.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i would have tried harder at everything. always and not let ppl fkn get me down! ...theyre still a**holes tho, either way, lol. i also would have apreciated my pre baby body alot more and got on this fitness train waaay younger.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i would have lived on my own for a little bit. i have never done that. moved right out of my parents house the day i got married and have been here for 21 years!!!!
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    I would have gone to the University of Kentucky instead of a small private school in my hometown.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would have taken time to travel on the cheap after high school or after college - backpacked in Europe and stayed in dumpy hostels, WWOOF'd, hiked the Appalachian Trail, etc. There was no need for me to rush right off to college after high school. And there was definitely no need for me to go straight into the job market after college. Things like cheap travel and a transient lifestyle are just easier when you're young and untethered by things like a mortgage, a family and a set lifestyle.

That's really all!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I would recognize how great I looked in my early twenties (weight-wise) and quit listening to that ugly voice in my head that said I looked fat and gross (because I didn't and I had no idea).

I would go to college right out of high school so I didn't have to do it while working full time and raising four children.

I would have worn sunscreen on my face. Lots and lots of sunscreen...

I would have paid more for one of my tattoos so it didn't get all crappy looking as it aged.

Guess that's more than a couple...
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of stupid things in my life, but honestly the only thing I would do different is I would have spent more time with my Grandad.
  • asweren
    asweren Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Without sounding too Carole King or Star Trek; I wouldn't change anything. All my experiences combine to make me the person I am today -- and that's a pretty good person. Yes, I'm overweight, but I have a stable and happy life, great husband, good kids, family support, good job, etc.

Now, I've got loads of regrets -- I wish I hadn't done so many drugs way back when; I wish I hadn't vomited out every meal way back when so I could stay a size 2; I wish I had listened to my Dad more when he was around to give me advice -- but I wouldn't change anything.

Even if I stay overweight, I'm OK.

I may not always believe that last statement, but I'm workin' on it...:happy: