Lunch ideas needed here

Options
Hi fellow MFP members. I work a desk job during the day and am having a hard time thinking of new and exciting (yet quick and easy) lunch ideas. All I have access to at work is a microwave and fridge, so please keep that in mind with your responses. I am not opposed to preparing things the night before also. Thanks, Diane from WI

Replies

• Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I made a tasty lunch for today last night....1c smart taste penne (2oz is 3/4c dry-I measured), 1/2 marinara sauce (I used Rao's homemade) and 3 Veggie meatballs (called Veggieballs-can find it in MFP food database)-plus a dusting of grated cheese for taste-total meal is around 400 calories
  • lrpeck
    lrpeck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a couple cookbooks to spice up both my lunches and my daughters, and they have great ideas for healthy, well-rounded meals. The books are Vegan Lunch Box and Vegan Lunch Box Around the World, by Jennifer McCann. Even if you're not vegan (or vegetarian), I think you'd find them a great source for new lunch combos. (My recent yum yum lunch, made the night before: risotto-stuffed acorn squash... it was tasy and filling and came in at only about 300 calories). Good luck to you!
  • ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    3-4 oz low sodium turkey breast (lunchmeat), 1/4 avocado, dijon must - to taste, 1 slice provalone cheese, lettuce, tomato, on pumperknickle bread = about 250 cal! and it is SUPER yum! the avocado gives you that creamy-ness you want from the mayo with out all the calories! and it is filling and keeps you full longer.
  • Cranny
    Cranny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I too am stuck at the office during lunch - I probably COULD leave - but it's just gonna lead me to McD's or Sonic or something quick and easy.

I try a few different things. Right now I'm lovin' my Kroger brand Frosted Flakes with Skim Milk... get the sweet and the chrunch that I tend to crave.

Also, I make sure I have all the fixin's for a chef's salad at the house. I'll prepare on the night before and take it with me to mix it up a bit. Found a awesome Kroger brand crouton - only about 30 cal's a serving - so I munch on a few of those too - again for the crunch that I crave.

Not very creative, I know - but I love the chef's salad - a lot of tastes mixed into one - but I don't use ANY dressing....don't like dressing on any of my salads...
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    My new fave is steamed salmon and veggies. I just buy cheap salmon fillets from the grocery store, and put them in a microwave steamer bag for like 3 mins with a bit of curry sprinkled on top. Then I do the same with some brocolli or baby carrots or mini potatoes. Its super yummy and filling
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Okay well some easy ones are the usual Turkey sandwich, baked chips, and a fruit. This rounds out to a bit over 500 calories depending on the bread on the sandwich and the fruit you eat.

I've also been eating those light Progresso soups with some baked chips and a fruit. Those soups are really good! This is about 350 or more, I think? Depends on the soup, you may want to double check that lol

The Deli Fresh Lunchables--the bigger ones with two options of meat and cheese--are also a good choice. It's only 330 and it's really good!

But another great idea is to just bring your dinner from the night before. Today I had the Tyson grilled beef fajitas, 300 calories for 2. I also had a no pudge brownie yum! :happy: It was 420 together.

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I had a really good lunch today I got Green Giant Healthy Heart Vegetables - Pearled Barley, Sugar Snap Peas and Julienne Carrots In Herb Olive Oil Sauce (steamed veggies) and added some pre-cooked chicken and it was like a healthy stir-fry. You can look at my food log for today if you want the particulars.
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Work Burrito

Black Beans
    Fage Greek yogurt
    Tomatoes
    1/4th of an Avocado
    Hot Sauce
    Tumoro's Jalepeno & Cilantro Tortilla

About= 350 Calories

Hummus Sandwhich

Hummus
    Tomatoes
    1/4th of an avocado
    Sprouts
    Cucumber
    Tumoros jalepeno & Cilantro tortilla

About= 300 calories

I like to buy the ingredients to both and mix it up. The remaining work day I get sushi.

About=