Ideas for a yummy dinner under 400 cals?

Options
NZnades
NZnades Posts: 4 Member
Hi all,
Anyone got a yummy easy dinner for me tonight? I have 400 cals to spare!
Thanks for your help :)

Replies

• krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    2 egg Omelette made with 2-3 eggs with a scant bit of milk. Saute whatever veggies you have on hand (I like peppers, onions, garlic and squash or mushrooms) in 2 tsp olive oil. S&P to taste. If you like, add 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.

or, the same thing but with Organic Quinoa cooked in low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth instead of eggs.
  • rdmclachlan
    Options
    One 4 oz grilled pork chop with salt & pepper.
    1/2 cup brown rice
    1 cup mixed vegies.

Easy and delicious and it fills me up. 328 calories total. I added a 1/2 a glass of milk w/my dinner.

Hint: Because brown rice takes so long to cook. I cook up a bunch (2 cups uncooked = 4 cups cooked) at the beginning of the week and then use it for lunches and dinners during the week.

Keep up the good work.
    :smile:
  • NZnades
    NZnades Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks guys
    I went with the omelette as didn't have a pork chop on hand - but will try that next time!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    For dinner I love stir frys !
    Cook 1/2 cup of rice according to package directions, while thats cooking chop and sautee chunks of zuchinni,bell pepper, onions, garlic, mushrooms then add salt and pepper and serve veggies over rice ! Delicious :) My stir frys come around to usualy 250 calories and 1-2g of fat.
  • madonetwo
    madonetwo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just had one slice of Super Supreme Thin and Crispy Pizza Hut pizza with a huge green salad and 40 calories of low cal dressing. Puts you at just about 400.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    2 Slices bread, two slices mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, sliced tomato. So awesome I had it twice :-)
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have recently found stuffed mushrooms in our produce section and I love them. I had four portabella spinach stuffed mushrooms for dinner tonight with some soup. That was filling.
  • saudade108
    Options
    What I made tonight that was pretty filling and right around 400 calories was a Tri-color Pasta Salad HEAVY on the veggies:

6 cups cooked Tri-color pasta rotini (I used the Eating Right brand called veggie pasta made with spinach, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, beets and shiitake mushrooms.)
    fresh, raw broccoli florets (or you can blanch these a little bit, quickly by adding to the pasta water right before it's done)
    small container of sweet grape tomatoes
    1 can olives
    1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
    1/2 medium/large red onion
    1 medium green pepper
    1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
    1 bottle Kraft fat-free zesty italian dressing

Cook pasta until al dente, drain and run cold water through the pasta until completely cooled and mix all ingredients together. I plugged it into the recipe calculator on this site and calculated the above large amount of salad being 6 servings, so for 1/6th of what this makes it came out to be 407 calories. This is probably high estimate since I used so many veggies that the final product was quite a lot of salad and I was guessing 6 portions, but could have been more. This was a good size 3 cup or so portion. Of course you can put different veggies in it, and make it lower calories by omitting the cheese or using reduced fat cheese, omitting the olives, etc... The key is to add so many veggies that it's more of a veggie salad with a little pasta rather than a pasta salad with veggies. ;-) It was quite satisfying and I'll have some lunch tomorrow as well.
  • Goal2BeFit2012
    Goal2BeFit2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump for dinner ideas later :tongue:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/780893-black-bean-lasagna-meatless

250 calories per serving, and you have room for a little bread and a side salad if you like.
  • jlburns2005
    jlburns2005 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bumping also;)
  • saudade108
    Options
    This is what I made tonight and it is about 348 calories. Ground Turkey Spaghetti with Quinoa Pasta. It was delish!

This is how I made it and then calculated the good portion I ate to be 348 calories. (The noodles I divided into 4 portions and ate 1 portion, but the meat sauce mixture made a LOT more than 4 portions, I probably ate 1/8.) This was super filling.

1 lb. Jenni-o Italian Seasoned ground turkey 97/3
    1 box of Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta (this is made of corn and quinoa)
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 jar Muir Glen organic roasted garlic spaghetti sauce (there are other options that have less calories than this, but this is what I had on hand)
    1 tbsp Fresh, shredded Parmesan (this can be omitted to save calories/fat)

Delicious and quinoa is sooooooo healthy!
  • saudade108
    Options
    Here is another one that I'm going to try next because I have a half a head of cabbage to use up after making Fat-Burning Cabbage Soup.

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole - 251 calories or only 195 without the cheese / Serves 10

Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil, divided
    1 lb. 95% lean ground beef (I'm thinking ground turkey would work too!)
    1 large onion, chopped fine
    1 tbsp finely minced garlic
    1/2 tsp. dried thyme
    1 tsp sweet Hungarian Paprika
    salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
    1 1/2 heads green cabbage, coarsely chopped
    1 can (14.5 oz.) petite dice tomatoes with juice
    1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
    1/4 cup water
    2 cups cooked brown rice
    2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese (Sargento)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large glass casserole dish with non-stick spray. (My dish was 13" x 10")
    Heat a large frying pan on medium heat; add ground beef and cook until it's browned and cooked through, breaking it apart as it cooks. Remove ground beef and set aside. In the same pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, chopped onion and cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, dried thyme, and paprika and cook about 2 minutes more. Then add the diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and ground beef. Add water to the pan. Simmer until it's hot and slightly thickened, about 15-20 minutes.While it simmers, cut cabbage in half, cut out the core, and remove any wilted outer leaves; chop the cabbage coarsely into 1 inch pieces.Heat remaining olive oil in a large frying pan or dutch oven; add the cabbage and cook over medium-high heat until the cabbage is wilted and about half cooked, turning it over several times so it all wilts and cooks. Season with salt and fresh-ground black pepper.

When the meat and tomato sauce mixture has cooked and thickened a bit, stir in the 2 cups of cooked rice and gently combine.

Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray and the layer half the cabbage, half the meat mixture, remaining cabbage, and remaining meat mixture. Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes, or until the mixture is just starting to bubble on the edges.
    Remove foil and sprinkle on cheese (if using.) Bake uncovered an additional 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown. Serve hot.

Freezer friendly if you have leftovers. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then either microwave until hot or heat in the oven in a glass dish covered with foil.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2 Turkey sloppy joes and a salad.
  • missusstyles
    missusstyles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    www.graciouspantry.com has some fantastic clean versions of dinner favourites, I love love love the clean alfredo sauce, I have it with asparagus (its in season here) and you could add a soft poached egg too.
  • JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has lots under 400.
  • shakarock
    shakarock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash (40 calories) with some sort of marinara sauce (50-100 calories.) Very filling and tastes better spaghetti :) String beans and broccoli make a good side.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I just had "banquet swedish meatball meal, tv dinner type......exactly 400 cals.........I eat 2 though