calories burned...

Options
how accurate do you think the numbers are for cardio (I don't mean cleaning) I use the elliptical and enter my weight and use the HRM the whole time and say for 20 min the machine will tell me I burned a fewer amount of calories than this app does when I entered it in, same with circuit training. I checked a couple other sites and it is in between...I just don't know which one to use, and was curious what others experience was with their results of using the calories burned on this site...Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't know which one is correct but when I run across this problem I use the smallest calories burned.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    To be safe always go with the lower number.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Go with the machine with HRM - that's going to be the most accurate figure you're going to get as it has a good idea of what was going on, while MFP is taking a massive guess. (Even the machine is still taking a decent guess, but a more educated one at least!)
  • brideson85
    Options
    Thats what I have been doing too thank you!
  • sharikabailey
    Options
    i walk at least one hour a week and dance with my kids sometimes all day i am on a 1200 cal diet but i keep gaining weight i do not know what else to do at this point is there another form of exercise that i could do to help me out
  • brideson85
    Options
    hey I lose 8 or 9 then don't change for weeks, I was first just dieting then started jogging lost another 8 or so (don't go nuts if you try jogging just tell yourself you will only have to tell yourself it's ok to go slow and take small steps just don't stop. try for a couple times a week to just continually run for 10 min then when you are comortable run 5 more. Dont worry about doing a mile in "x" amount of time. Now I switched it up to elliptical (bad seasonal allergies to run outside) and circuit training...I don't know what your schedule is like or if you access to a gym. I luck out b/c I have a gym on base which is free to use. try looking up zumba on you tube if you like dancing with your kids its dancing but a work out!