Peer pressure from none other than the boyfriend

Options
13»

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My husband has no idea what healthy or low calorie food is. He's tall and slim and thinks that making nachos with extra veggies is helping me with my diet. Sometimes you have to spell it out for them.
    Here's what I do:
    Where do you want to go for lunch? Subway or pita pit?

He's still getting the choice but either is good for you.

Have you looked at the Pita Pit website?!?!? I thought it was a healthy choice but yikes!
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband if we're going to go to TJ's, we gotta walk there... :bigsmile:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    How the conversation REALLY went:

Her: Where do you want to eat?
    Him: I dunno. Where do you want to eat?
    Her: I don't care. Where do you want to eat?
    Him: I don't care either. Where do you want to eat?
    Her: I don't know, I asked you first. Where do you want to eat?
    Him: Ummm...I don't know. I guess, maybe, Taco Johns.
    Her: Really? THAT place? You KNOW I'm trying to watch what I eat. Why would you pick that place?? You know it's hard for me to pick something that's not like 1 bazzillion calories from there. Geez. You're supposed to be supportive of me!!!
    Him: Uhhh...ok, ok! My Bad!! Sorry!!! So, Where do YOU want to eat?
    Her: I don't care, you pick, I asked you first. Where do you want to eat?
    It's not really fair to ask him what he wants to eat and then criticize his choice. Make a suggestion if you want something healthier.
    Exactly. If you ask then be prepared to go where he says otherwise why do you even ask?
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    just use what'cha got and when he says "where do you want to get lunch" say "depends on how lucky you want to get tonight" he'll choose healthy every single time!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I like suggesting instead of asking. "Want to meet me at Light and DeLightful for lunch?" (no such place; made it up)

Tell the truth..you want to open up a restaurant named Light and DeLightful....don't you?
  • anggxo
    anggxo Posts: 102
    Options
    My husband has no idea what healthy or low calorie food is. He's tall and slim and thinks that making nachos with extra veggies is helping me with my diet. Sometimes you have to spell it out for them.
    Here's what I do:

Have you looked at the Pita Pit website?!?!? I thought it was a healthy choice but yikes!

a chicken souvlaki pita has like 350 calories and 25 grams of protein.... the sodium is way high, but most fast food places are. It's still a way better choice than McD's or Taco Bell.

Just make healthier choices wherever you go. Look up the place beforehand and see what fits into your calories and macros for the day.
  • gazelleintraining
    Options

Her: Really? THAT place? You KNOW I'm trying to watch what I eat. Why would you pick that place?? You know it's hard for me to pick something that's not like 1 bazzillion calories from there. Geez. You're supposed to be supportive of me!!!

This made me laugh. I shared it with my hubby and he gave you a standing ovation. :)
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Tell him that in order to get that new Victoria's Secret outfit you need to have better food options :wink:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

This made me laugh. I shared it with my hubby and he gave you a standing ovation. :)

:blushing: Aww...shucks
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Pretty much the same thing from my boyfriend!
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do:

a chicken souvlaki pita has like 350 calories and 25 grams of protein.... the sodium is way high, but most fast food places are. It's still a way better choice than McD's or Taco Bell.

Just make healthier choices wherever you go. Look up the place beforehand and see what fits into your calories and macros for the day.

yes I've looked, and there are healthier options. Subway isn't exactly super healthy either but there are healthier options. It was just an example.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    How do I say "no" when this is a typical day:

Me: Where do you want to meet for lunch??

Boyfriend: TACO JOHNS!

: |

I'm doomed.

Me: uhh....something SLIGHTLY healthy?

Boyfriend: Finnnnnnne...let's get a gyro.

Seriously?!

That's how a lot of boyfriends are. My boyfriend and I live together, and he always wants something unhealthy to eat, it seems. You make your own choices. Don't blame him.
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options

Lol, this is basically how conversations about food go with my bf, so now I just make the meal menu. I choose the healthy foods that I want to eat and he's just happy that there's food (and it's pretty delicious at that!) That's what I recommend, or just going to two different spots and bringing it home or to the park/picnic bench/mutual spot.