How Often Do You Hit Your Macros?

Does everyone hit their macros every day in a week (within 1-2%)? Or do people generally allow for some wiggle room? I was just curious and wanted to see how everyone was doing. I also don't like how MFP set up my macros - I do weights too - is there a way to change that in the app? I didn't have any luck finding that.

THANKS!

Replies

• smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    If you want to change your macro goals, go to 'My Home' tab, click on 'Goals', click on the 'Change Goals' button. select 'Custom' and then click the 'Continue' button. From there you can manually change your macros to the percentages you want. Frankly, I think that MFP sets protein far too low, so definitely increase that percentage if you're lifting weights. I currently have my macros set at 50/25/25, with the plan to change to 40/30/30 once I finish C25K and start doing Starting Strength. I find that I generally hit my macro goals relatively closely. If anything, I tend to be a bit under on carbs and a bit over on protein, but it really depends on the day.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I rarely hit mine.
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    If you want to change your macro goals, go to 'My Home' tab, click on 'Goals', click on the 'Change Goals' button. select 'Custom' and then click the 'Continue' button. From there you can manually change your macros to the percentages you want. Frankly, I think that MFP sets protein far too low, so definitely increase that percentage if you're lifting weights. I currently have my macros set at 50/25/25, with the plan to change to 40/30/30 once I finish C25K and start doing Starting Strength. I find that I generally hit my macro goals relatively closely. If anything, I tend to be a bit under on carbs and a bit over on protein, but it really depends on the day.

Ahh thank you so much! I found that in an old post before, but thought it was outdated info, but then I realized the "Goals" button was pretty invisible until I rolled my mouse over it. I feel the same about MFP's protein setting. I'm also aiming for the 50/25/25 right now and just find that not seeing it like that makes me add more wiggle room than I want to have.