A way to motivate myself!! (Tell me if I'm being dumb)

Options
Hey there everyone, I'm a few weeks in and so far I have lost 11 pounds. I've done weight loss programs before, with little success. But now I have a plan with measurable results and I am more determined then ever!!

One way I want to try and get myself motivated to follow through with a long term plan is to promise myself something I've wanted for a long time after I've weighed in below 200lbs. A NEW TATTOO!!!!! I have one so far but I have a bunch that I'm planning, but one new one would be awesome!!

Very Excited!!!

CW: 232.2lbs

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I think this is an excellent idea, for a couple of reasons. One: it rewards you for one hell of a lot of hard work. Two: it gives you yet another reason to keep the weight off in the future. No one wants their (insert random design here) tattoo to end up looking all deformed, stretched out, and generally godawful.
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great motivator!!!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You deserve a reward for the dedication required to meet your milestone. :flowerforyou:
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone, I'm a few weeks in and so far I have lost 11 pounds. I've done weight loss programs before, with little success. But now I have a plan with measurable results and I am more determined then ever!!

One way I want to try and get myself motivated to follow through with a long term plan is to promise myself something I've wanted for a long time after I've weighed in below 200lbs. A NEW TATTOO!!!!! I have one so far but I have a bunch that I'm planning, but one new one would be awesome!!

Very Excited!!!

• GmeB
    Options

Very Excited!!!

• GmeB
    Options
    I think its a great motivator.I lost 100 lbs.a while ago,and got myself(more my husband) a tramp stamp!!56 years old!!!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Yes! I might just steal your idea!
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I have three tattoos myself & there is at least 1 or 2 more that I have in mind. I think I may add this to my motivation. Keep up th awesome job, you can do it!
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I also wanted a dragon tattoo on my butt but was scared I would end up with a very short, wide dragon! (Also I'm a scaredy-cat!). Great plan, I hope your design will be something appropriate, like a goddess or a symbol for strength or something?