Women who have "wings" for arms.

Options
After losing a bit of weight, I didn't expect to have toned arms or anything, but I didn't want wings damnit! I'm still in the process of losing weight (approx 30 more pounds if possible), but I need to know some exercises that will tone up my arms. What has worked for you? What exercises are done daily, how many sets/reps etc. I do not have a gym membership, but I have 5-10lb barbells and 2 shakeweights (Yes. You heard me, 2 piece of crap shakeweights...)

Anyway, I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Here's my "arm workout" playlist on youtube. I'm not able to get through the whole first video yet, but the other two I can and they really get your arms burning!

• graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh and I can't fly yet either... so they're not too terrible. Just annoying
  • graveflower316
    Options
    Here's my "arm workout" playlist on youtube. I'm not able to get through the whole first video yet, but the other two I can and they really get your arms burning!

Thank you!! I'll check that out!
  • ThisIsMaggie
    ThisIsMaggie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70 lbs and was also "blessed" with wings. Gah.
    My arms are still very much a work in progress...but I do a pretty much daily routine on my triceps.
    -20 reps of dips (I workout at the gym, so I use the bench...but if you have a sturdy chair or couch)
    -10 reps of real, full on, no knee usage, nose touching push-ups (also at an incline on the bench)
    -Overall circuit done 3 times total.

Sucks, Everyday.
    Good luck!
  • anggxo
    anggxo Posts: 102
    Options

I second this! Pop Pilates is the greatest <3 Her workouts kick *kitten*, I can't do the first one without stopping yet either :P
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

I second this! Pop Pilates is the greatest <3 Her workouts kick *kitten*, I can't do the first one without stopping yet either :P

Glad I'm not the only one who struggles on the first video! Push-ups suck!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing. I really do appreciate it. :flowerforyou:
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Can you at least glide? ;)
    Couldn't resist.
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing. I really do appreciate it. :flowerforyou:

You're welcome!
  • graveflower316
    Options

Can you at least glide? ;)
    Couldn't resist.

Only a little ;)
  • graveflower316
    Options
    I've lost 70 lbs and was also "blessed" with wings. Gah.
    My arms are still very much a work in progress...but I do a pretty much daily routine on my triceps.
    -20 reps of dips (I workout at the gym, so I use the bench...but if you have a sturdy chair or couch)
    -10 reps of real, full on, no knee usage, nose touching push-ups (also at an incline on the bench)
    -Overall circuit done 3 times total.

Sucks, Everyday.
    Good luck!

I will have to start trying this! Push-ups are the bane of my existence though.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Here's a video of chair dips with progression and regression http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjcgfu44sI&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you can do 20 reps, that's far too easy. Move your feet further out, elevate them, or add weight until you can only do 10-12 reps.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    For those that can't do press ups, here are regressions/progressions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjcgfu44sI&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I started an elliptical challenge solely for the cardio and was 25 days consecutive days--and noticed a benefit--I had not even counted on --the arms. Before--it looked like I was starting to get the "wings" -but daily workouts on the elliptical is toning them up.. I've slacked some--but I think once I continue -they should be firm alll the way through.
    We will probably start a new challenge --so feel free to join us on the Elliptical groups~