I went clothes shopping today

Options
iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
I was checking my measurements last night and discovered i lost 2inches of my waist
so i figured it was time to get some jeans that fit as i have been waiting not wishing to waste money on a size that wdnt fit for long ..

anyhow I was delighted to find I had gone down 2 sizes on my jeans and am maybe 1/2 inch off the same for tops so i bought the top i wanted in that size as a reward for when i make it :laugh: & a new pair of jeans and what a difference that made to the way I look

I cant tell u how happy i am I havent been that size since before having my sons my eldest is 24 this year the youngest 21 in a few weeks ... so thanks for giving us such a wonderful resource and fantastic support

Replies

• iojoi
    Options
    I was checking my measurements last night and discovered i lost 2inches of my waist
    so i figured it was time to get some jeans that fit as i have been waiting not wishing to waste money on a size that wdnt fit for long ..

anyhow I was delighted to find I had gone down 2 sizes on my jeans and am maybe 1/2 inch off the same for tops so i bought the top i wanted in that size as a reward for when i make it :laugh: & a new pair of jeans and what a difference that made to the way I look

I cant tell u how happy i am I havent been that size since before having my sons my eldest is 24 this year the youngest 21 in a few weeks ... so thanks for giving us such a wonderful resource and fantastic support
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic!!
    No better feeling than buying a good pair of jeans and with the added bonus of 2 sizes smaller! That's awesome! :drinker:

Way to go!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    :drinker: a toast to you my friend
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good job ojo! Nothing like being able to SEE the change that dramatically, huh?
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww wtg! that's awesome :) Congrats on the new outfit, I'm sure u look smokin!
  • nmonkey
    nmonkey Posts: 66
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! Way to go!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Great job! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it :happy:
  • iojoi
    Options
    it is i am goin out tonight and have left some calories for a drink or 2 :happy:
  • InfiniteInnerBeauty9190
    Options
    Great job!!! Just joined this site last week and I love it!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Soooo happy for you!!!!! Congrats:)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me when I started this 4 years ago. It was close to Halloween and I was going to a party dressed with my jeans pulled down on my hips (can't remember, but picture something akin to a 17 year old boy...). I realized that I could literally pull my jeans off without unbuttoning them. My FAVORITE jeans!! But what a feeling when I put on a pair that fit!
    Congratulations on your hard work!! It's a great feeling :)
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A well-fitting pair of jeans is such a confidence booster! Plus, you can see your progress and you look more slim. Congrats on your success!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    Options
    That’s awesome!!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    One of the best feelings in the world! Congratulations.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

As a mom myself, I truly understand the pain of buying stuff for yourself. (New clothes for the kids, sure, they need it. New stuff for me, ugh, I don't "need" it) Especially when your old stuff "is still in good condition". So well done on getting a nice outfit for yourself that fits properly!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!