MFP 1 Year Anniversary

Options
flisafakto
flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
As of yesterday, I have logged in 365 days in a row. I'm not going to say it feels like it was just last month, or how it's just flown by. It really hasn't. I have felt every single one of those days, for sure.

For those interesed in pictures, I made a post with progress pics a few months back: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621027-before-during-35lbs-lost-in-7-months
I look pretty much the same now when it comes to fullbody pics. The physical changes that have happened since then are more subtle and more about muscle definition and wouldn't show up in new fully-dressed pics anyway.

Like many other MFP members who get to this milestone, I am nowhere where I thought I would be when I started. I really thought I would have reached my goal weight by now, but I am not even halfway through. Nevertheless, I have come quite a long way. There have been a ****load of obstacles along said way though: plateauing over months and months, losing muscle mass, trying to figure out the right amount of calories, the right foods... oh and when I got pneumonia and gained back 10 lbs. Obstacles.

I'm not going to pretend like it doesn't get me down and that I didn't turn to unhealthy/destructive dieting along the way. That's what obsession and desperation do. On my worst days, I did consider giving it up all together, but I have some friend on here that have struggled at least as much as I have, some more, and they kept at it! And so will I.

I wish I had new pictures but I don't. I do somehow have stats!

Lost:
3 cm around my neck
18 cm around my waist
20 cm around my hips
20 cm around my lower stomach
4 cm around my arm
13 cm around each thigh
3 cm around each calf - but gained so much definition!

So for now, I'm going to keep off the scales, keep running, keep lifting heavy and try not to focus so much on numbers.

Lastly: THANKS TO ALL MY FRIENDS HERE FOR THE AMAZING SUPPORT!

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You're one of my very favourite MFP friends, and I hope we'll both be here this time next year having reached our goals xxx
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly! I'm so proud of you :)
    You have been a great source of inspiration to me and I'm so glad we have each other for support.
    WELL DONE :flowerforyou:
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, girls! You have both been great friends to me , you've really been there for the long haul!
  • lisha7997
    lisha7997 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You look great and congratulations on your successes so far.
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You have lost entire 20 cm in your waist and hips??? WOW, that's awesome!!! :-)

And don't you worry, i really enjoy being your friend on here, and know that you're going to reach your goal. Actually we're in the same boat, i also thought i will reach my goal weight by now, and it didn't happen yet. Nowhere near... But that's why we have each other, to keep ourselves motivated and going! :-)

Stay cool! ;-)
  • jvarhaug
    jvarhaug Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I am impressed in many ways, and glad you let us know how hard things may be. I am new to this, started late August, and to me it has been relatively easy so far - but now the last couple of weeks I have started noticing some difficulties. Until September I was really amazed how easy this was - but now - well both health and motivation have had a few blows. Then it is good to see that some of you veterans here know the difficulties, and that you have been sticking to the plan even after such times. Congratulation for your great successes, and all the best wishes for your progress further.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Well you look amazing..Inches I will take any day over pds...they get me in the clothing....Just keep going and doing what you are doing...Congrats to you for committing to 1yr of a healthier lifestyle...and cheers to many more..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!