Need someone to help me stay on track

Options
Hello,
I am new to this site; I just started a couple of days ago and I have been breaking my diet. I have used a different program almost like this and I did okay but know since I switched I have been going off of my diet and have been eating more calories than I should. I would really love for some one to push me to stay motivated.

Replies

• AserehtNerual
    AserehtNerual Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into this site, but I am willing to help out if you need it. What motivates you?
  • Planter02
    Options
    It isn't easy but it does get better as it starts to work. Patienc maybe
  • charline66
    charline66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have been on here for about two weeks now and feel really motivated, try setting small goals ie. a certain weight loss by Christmas, I find if I can see a result in the short terms it helps to stay motivated.

Add me we need all the support we can get :)
  • Yogi261288
    Options
    Well done for getting back to it before all your previous hardwork was undone! I agree with Charline its all about setting the realistic goals, mine is to be able to run for half an hour without stopping at the moment. Just find something that works for you and focus in on that and I would say be as honest as possible with your food diary, there is a lot of support on here even if you have a bad day :-) feel free to shoot me a request.
  • LCSoulkat
    LCSoulkat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Your first step to make this work is....What made you come here? Did something snap in your head to make you feel like..That's it! I need to change lifestyle to make myself better..

If that happened to you, then, you will stick to this and enjoy being with friends that care and support each other...but like I said..you have to want it! :)

It's working for me so far and I am a different person already. I feel better about myself, I feel like I'm gaining self-esteem and the world is looking more beautiful than ever.
  • happynluv418
    happynluv418 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just saying that you want to get back on track is the first step in the right direction! I've been slacking lately but am hoping to get back on track as well!
  • ivagirl1
    Options
    Try to figure out what is happening when you dont follow the diet maybe.. is it a lack of choices when you want a snack or eating when bored? Once you figure that out maybe you can plan to address that situation more effectively. Good luck!
  • ichimichi
    ichimichi Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with most everyone here, and I suffer the same as you regarding falling off the wagon. I'm currently convincing myself that so long as I don't completely undo all of my progress, a little set back - or more than one in my case - is all just part of the process. Careful analysis of a calendar helps me. I was excited back in September when I realized I was losing just over 2 pounds a week with careful eating a moderate light exercise. Then one day I woke up and procrastinated. That lasted about 2 weeks. I gained back about half of what I lost. A couple of days ago, I got back on the train again, but instead of being sad that I gained back half, I was excited to not have started all over again. It makes the overall goal harder and longer to reach, but it's still achievable if I don't gain everything back. If this helps you, feel free to hit me up. My new motto seems to be I'm better at support than I am at losing weight, but I can - and will - do both.

Michi
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stop your diet and look at making sustainable lifestyle changes that will help you become fit & healthy!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's a lifestyle change not a 'diet'. If you can change 1 or 2 bad lifestyle habits then it makes it easier to stay healthy. Trust me when I say make the change before your body/health makes them for you. I did nothing for 20 years... now I have a gun to my head with Diabetes so I no longer have a choice, but I'm better for it.

My suggestions are:

1. Eat clean. If it comes in plastic (other than brown rice) or is processed... DO NOT EAT IT! Sugar and sodium are evil. :-)

2. Stay above 1200 cals/day and 50g carbs/day, otherwise your metabolism will shut down (starvation mode) and you will gain weight.

3. Exercise at least 30 minutes per day. Start with a brisk walk DAILY. Habits are formed by doing the same thing every day for 21 days. Once you form the 'habit' of walking every day, then you can give yourself a day or two off... but honestly you will feel weird taking a day off.

4. Hydration! Divide your weight by 2, then divide that number by 8 and that's how many glasses of water you need to consume daily for your body. 8 glasses is the basic rule, but if you are heavier you need more. Water also keep syou feeling full so you will be less likely to cheat.

Example... I'm 274 currently.
    274 / 2 = 137.
    137 / 8 = 17 cups/day (sounds like a lot but it's easy to drink all that water)

5. Surround yourself with positive support! But be selfish about your health! Take the time and do not let anyone/anything distract you. It's YOUR body!

We're all here to help. Just ask.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My advice is to stop your diet and look at making sustainable lifestyle changes that will help you become fit & healthy!

I totally agree with this. Calling it a diet may or may not help you. It really is a lifestyle change and a healthy lifestyle at that.What are your goals? And as someone else mentioned earlier, what made you come here in the first place?