Nutritional info on a menu vs MFP Sources

Options
Hi! Tonight a few friends and I are going out to dinner at Claim Jumpers. I've over looked their menu with the nutritional info given on their site and have decided on a Bowl of Tortilla Soup 172 Cal and a Bbq Chicken Salad with no dressing 300 Cal. As I'm logging what I plan on having, MFP is giving a different calorie count. I've looked up my meal on a couple different sites and they all give me different numbers. What gives??? Should I stick to MFP or Claim Jumpers Nutritional Info?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I go with the info from the restaurant.

People are likely eating smaller/bigger portions, not having sauce/dressing, or even calculate by adding up every item that goes into a dish.
  • Brendajo510
    Options
    Hi! Tonight a few friends and I are going out to Dinner at Claim Jumpers. I've have over looked their menu with the nutritional info given on their site and have decided on a Bowl of Tortilla Soup 172 Cal and a Bbq Chicken Salad with no dressing 300 Cal. As I'm logging what I plan on having, MFP is giving a different calorie count. I've looked up my meal on a couple different sites and they all give me different numbers. What gives??? Should I stick to MFP or Claim Jumpers Nutritional Info?

I would go with Claim Jumpers because the company could have changed the ingredients of that item on their menu. Also what zyxst said.
  • vee1733
    vee1733 Posts: 13
    Options
    Great! Thank a lot! :)
  • wdot
    wdot Posts: 8
    Options
    Definitely go with the restaurant information since MyFitnessPal's information is gathered from the community and not always accurate. If you're looking for a way to easily get restaurant nutrition information or just find what meals are healthy at a restaurant, use a new iPhone app called HealthyOut that's free in the app store.