clean bulking foods

Options
As title suggests im looking for some clean bulking foods, i know the obvious ones - brown rice, chicken, turkey etc but didnt know if there were any less obvious ones im missing?

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    veg is good then more veg or even veg lol
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    any meat
    dairy
    oats
    pastas

"clean" is kind of an opinion in most cases. If you're bulking, just eat, and eat a lot.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    surly eating and eating a lot got us here.
  • keni88
    keni88 Posts: 22
    Options
    point taken, although currently i am bulking, MFP is just as useful as a tool for gained and monitoring than losing weight.
    thanks for the replys, i knew the obvious ones, was hoping for some weird and wonderful secret ingredient lol
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate, nut butters, ice cream, massive steakssss, lotsa wholegrains.
    just increase portions lol
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    'Clean' is massively open to interpretation, so you really need to define what you mean.

Remember, current thinking is to only go 250 calories or so over your TDEE.

This may be of interest to you:
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-science-of-nutrition-is-a-carb-a-carb.html
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    surly eating and eating a lot got us here.
    OP is trying to gain weight though.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    avocado. its full of lots of good natural fats.
  • keni88
    keni88 Posts: 22
    Options
    'clean' as in natural foods, i know i can meet my calorie goals by eat mcdonalds and kfc every meal but something tells me its probably not advisable! lol
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my diary, I'm bulking at the moment.

I don't eat 100% clean, I do eat some "junk" pretty much every, but I also eat 3000-3500 calories a day and there are decent, healthy bulking meals there too I think.
  • kage5678
    kage5678 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I bought some Quinoa the other day, apparently it's good, will be cooking some up tomorrow.
  • dominikaro
    Options
    I'd go for fatty fish like salmon, tuna, herring. Beans are "bulking" as well. "Bulking" dinner for me would be for example buckweat/ brown rice/ coucous with chickpeas or lentils and a big piece of salmon or beef steak. Some seasoning, herbs or sauce added.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of good fats and oils for bulking as you don't need much and they are calorific...so olive and coconut oils are great. Then foods with good fats like nuts and avocados and oily fish (like salmon). My cheat food, for extra help is good quality dark chocolate with almonds in, not "clean" but 100cals for a small square means I am sold!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Veg makes you feel full, so it is bulking in that sense and of course is good for you, but as a bulking food, it is pretty low cal, esp if you exclude spuds, So too much of it makes bulking harder actually, unless you are a huge eater.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter would probably be helpful
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    almonds
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am bulking right now. I have to say that I do add some junk in order to get all my calories in but when I say junk I mean things like chocolate and one sweet a day.....not McD. I also go for full fat yogurt, cheese, almonds, peanut butter, avocado, and all the healthy oils.

Good luck.....bulking is so much fun :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Veg makes you feel full, so it is bulking in that sense and of course is good for you, but as a bulking food, it is pretty low cal, esp if you exclude spuds, So too much of it makes bulking harder actually, unless you are a huge eater.

Yea....I had to lower my vegs intake because I was feeling sick to my stomach.