My favorite NSV ever!!!!!

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
I just completed my diary for yesterday (10/15/2012) because my internet was actin weird. I only burned about 200 extra calories because I had class and I have my two kids, so I didn't get to go to the gym, but I had my diary set at 1,300. Everyone told me to eat more and raise my protein. Well, I was not even making my 15% goal because and I upped it to 30%. I ended up a little over 1600 calories yesterday, with 119g of protein!!!!! I have never even hit 100g omg I have barely ever made like 50 on most days! lol! I am so happy right now and maybe I sound silly, but it means so much to me that my muscles won't shrivel up and die or evaporate tomorrow. yay! lmso I won't say it was the healthiest protein, but I tried my best and I'm really happy to see a step forward because of vegetarian beans, veggie "meat", egg whites and fat free cheese, which are my new friends you know. lol

P.S. I'm a vegetarian! Lol

Replies

• oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I struggle with protein too, I know where you're coming from. But 116!? That's huge! Good on you :wink:
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to add protein powder... Great protein and calcium booster and makes a fast breakfast smoothie with almond milk, spinach and berries
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Woo!!!!!

Same!!!!! Are you vegetarian??? I am. Feel free to add....and we can compare proteins. I make not of mine every day. :))
  • Cobweb200
    Options
    Oh well done I too am veggie and I do find my carbs can be a bit high and my protein WAY too low. I am also working hard on upping my protein levels.

Keep up the good work
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting all my protein sometimes, too. I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat like one most of the time. The only kind of meat I can eat is lean turkey, chicken or fish (due to a digestive disorder) and that gets old, so most days of the week I am meatless. I've never been a big meat eater, so no real loss there. I like vegetarian meals, but it can be a struggle hitting all my macros - especially since my disorder limits a lot of my non-meat choices too... I usually get the minimums in, though. You're getting a lot more in than I do. Good work getting that protein up! :drinker:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel like kid in a candy store Lol or a body builder in a protein store lmso <3 I just pray I can keep it up along with school and kids because it can be hard to watch it!
    Oh well done I too am veggie and I do find my carbs can be a bit high and my protein WAY too low. I am also working hard on upping my protein levels.

Keep up the good work

Mine was so bad because it was the fat! I definitely did not want high fat content in my diet, not as high as it was. I know if you have too much fat it just gets stored and I have enough stored, thanks. Lol.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just had a look in your diary, congrats on the higher protein intake! It's really important to have a decent amount of protein in your diet, so keep it up. Just want to warn you, don't become one of those 'junk-food-vegetarians'. Eating enough protein is important, eating healthy and balanced is even more so.
    If I were you, I would've cut out either the 'Refried Beans - Vegetarian' (cal: 280 protein 16) or the 'Pizza - Cheese - Home Run' (cal: 254 protein 13) from my menu. You already had plenty of protein, and you might have stayed within your goals of cal / carbs / fat too.

If you have one egg white (you can just throw out the yolk), you eat about the following nutricients:
    cal: 16

carbs: 0

fat: 0

sat fat: 0

protein: 4

Spreading 4 of those out throughout the day, you'll also have 16g of protein, but no added carbs or fat. Whereas the pizza piece you ate gave you 254 cal you didn't really need.

One more question, if you up your protein level, it doesn't harm you to drink more water. Do you log the amount of water you drink?
  • alijane9
    alijane9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's so good! Congratulations! :smile: I'm veggie and have really struggled to get my protein in with the work/lifestyle that I have which means some of the bean/lentil/soya/tofu options don't work well when I'm on the go & I don't do eggs unless they're disguised...

I use a high quality protein powder with tofu, fruit & almond milk for a smoothie which is really tasty - could happily have 3 a day but think that might not be so good! But last week resorted to fish :mad: to get somewhere near my protein goal of 145g. Really don't want to go the meat route as I've been veggie since 1988! Fish is sooooo not good, face and a mother, and I don't like the taste. Could use some help really!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!