Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder Strawberry

Options
MrsTyHarris
MrsTyHarris Posts: 88 Member
Yuck! I cant stand the taste, any recipe ideas to get it down?

Replies

• aseattlegirl
    Options
    I have the Chocolate Peanut Butter one, but I know they have a website with different recipes for each of the flavors they have.

http://www.bodyfortress.com/pages/shake_recipes.aspx
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    some things are just nasty and protein powder is one of them... i usually mix mine in with smoothies or just chug it down
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I would add 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 tbsp of sugarfree/fatfree jello pudding mix cheesecake flavor and some frozen strawberries. Blend till smooth and you got yourself a strawberry cheesecake shake :drinker:
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Definitely turn it into a smoothie with frozen strawberries, maybe add some banana and pineapple...
  • jaredMFpinney
    Options
    i had the same flavor!! added it to my oatmeal, plain greek yogurt, protein cakes, or pancakes!! (just use an egg per scoop), protein bars ..oats+powder+water ..so simple but you can tweek it to your liking. it actually isnt bad if you just experiment!! i actually buy body fortress for quick meals, and pick up a bettter whey brand for post workout and stuff.
  • MrsTyHarris
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • MrsTyHarris
    Options
    Sorry ya'll im new at this I thought Reply would work different, I should have been using Quote my bad lol:laugh:
  • MrsTyHarris
    Options
    I have the Chocolate Peanut Butter one, but I know they have a website with different recipes for each of the flavors they have.

http://www.bodyfortress.com/pages/shake_recipes.aspx

Thank you so much for that link, imma gonna use it! Appreciate it!
  • MrsTyHarris
    Options
    some things are just nasty and protein powder is one of them... i usually mix mine in with smoothies or just chug it down

Ive been chugging, ewwww but im gonna try a smoothie option too thanks
  • MrsTyHarris
    Options
    I would add 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 tbsp of sugarfree/fatfree jello pudding mix cheesecake flavor and some frozen strawberries. Blend till smooth and you got yourself a strawberry cheesecake shake :drinker:

That sounds DELISH, Thank you for the idea!
  • MrsTyHarris
    Options
    Definitely turn it into a smoothie with frozen strawberries, maybe add some banana and pineapple...

Sounds Delish too!! IIll probably try it with strawberries and pineapples. Me and bananas dont get along in drinks for some reason
  • MrsTyHarris
    Options
    i had the same flavor!! added it to my oatmeal, plain greek yogurt, protein cakes, or pancakes!! (just use an egg per scoop), protein bars ..oats+powder+water ..so simple but you can tweek it to your liking. it actually isnt bad if you just experiment!! i actually buy body fortress for quick meals, and pick up a bettter whey brand for post workout and stuff.

Wow I would have never thought of thoses ways to use it, thank you so much
  • Cathy7794
    Cathy7794 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's the same kind that I buy. I really couldn't stand the taste at first either, but I've gotten used to it, and actually like it now. Try mixing it with orange juice or with some vanilla almond milk.
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    I think it may be the brand too. I had the chocolate flavor from Body Fortress, and it tasted weird and granular. I added some almond butter and cocoa powder to make it edible. I like the post about adding the pudding, sounds like that would be pretty yummy!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just bought the choc/ pb but have yet to open it. I have been using the Body Fortress Chocolate, and I cannot stand any flavor unless I mix it to a smoothie. I usually do 1 scoop to 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and pb2 or 1/2 banana or some coffee and 8 half moon ice cubes and blend away. I also have Pure Protein vanilla cream that is so gross that I have to add almond extract just to choke it down.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I didn't like this one plain either.... I actually renamed it to crapberry, even marked it on the container. Like a previous poster said, its not to bad if you mix it with stuff. I put ice cream (FF, no sugar added), almond milk, fresh fruits, and 1/2tsp vanilla flavoring all in a blender and mixed.... But when I finally ran out of it, I went to GNC and bought their namebrand, which I find so much more tasty.