51 Pounds Lost

Options
In December of 2011 I made a new years resolution to dedicate 2012 to getting healthier. I didn't have a total weight lost goal in mind but I knew I wanted to try to eventually get down to about 180 which is what my doctor recommended.

Starting January 3rd at a friends suggestion I made an account here and started tracking calories and exercising and everything that has lead me to this point achieved last night. I've been around 48-49 pounds lost for about 2 weeks with some fluctuations. Last night however I weighed myself and I have lost 51 pounds. That takes me down to 212 which means I think I'm likely to make it down to 200 by December. After that it's just 20 more pounds to my goal.

So I have my last 32 pounds to lose.

Yesterday I started the 1st day of the Couch to 5K program and survived my first day. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Replies

• litaita
    litaita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are definitely victorious. Great job!
  • cjransom
    Options
    Thank you!
    You are definitely victorious. Great job!
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Wow! Keep it up! You are amazing :)
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! When I started C25K I couldn't run more than 15 seconds. I made it to week 5 before I ran my first 5k. A color run. Ran most of it. Just a few fast walking breaks. I was so jacked that I did that! Now I am back to the c25k and will finish it before my next 5k. A mud run. I never would have thought I'd ever say I entered, let alone ran, a 5k. Keep it up! It gets easier and it is such a great achievement! Go! Go! Go!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!
  • jaygolden
    jaygolden Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You're almost there!!!
  • cjransom
    Options
    Hey thank you!

MFP has certainly helped... although not drinking straight sugary Dr. Pepper helps too.
    Wow! Keep it up! You are amazing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!