5'3" - 5'5" women weight loss group?

Options

Replies

• soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    My name is Jolene and I'm 22 years old, 5'4" & 168lbs. I keep having and reading a lot of questions for women around this height and I think it would be nice to gather us into a bunch for support. I also figure we could help each other by answering questions from our own experiences. I think it could be very beneficial so anyone 5'3"-5'5" who would be interested, let me know :]

do i count? i'm 5'1 but i am interested
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm Christen. 21, 5'3", started at 195lbs and now at 155lbs. I am super interested! :)
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5'4" over here with about 50 lbs to lose. Things are definitely different for us shorter ladies...
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. 5"3 here.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! II'm 5"4 and totally in. My name is Shelley and I started out at 365 lbs and now I'm 320 lbs. My goal weight is 135-145 lbs depending on what looks good on me. :wink:
  • kareninthepink
    kareninthepink Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5,3 and 88kgs, also interested :heart:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am 1.6 metres. which should be 5'2-5'3? currently about 179 lbs and aiming for 120-125 lbs. I would love to be a part of this group =)
  • Shellsmiley
    Options
    So who is going to start the group? :bigsmile: I'm super excited!!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My internet was a jerk last night because of rain, but I will start a group ASAP and post it here in a minute :] so nice to see people interested and @ soaringlikean Sure! Why not :] I dont mind if you dont mind. This is all about support and motivation, not clicks. I just figured it is good to see people around a similar height/weight as you for help with calorie intake and other issues. 5'1" isnt that different xoxo
  • Verity1111
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9335-sporty-shorties-5-1-5-5

^ Link to the group for anyone that didn't receive the invites I sent :]
    I was thinking I will also make a worksheet/spreadsheet online for us to update our losses just for some extra inspiration.
  • mrsmclarke
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I have about 67 more pounds to loose for my long term goal and really need some support.
  • abrow131
    Options
    Great job ! keep on goin! so close i cant wait to reach my goals just think about the sexy clothes you will fit in! lol
    I'm 5'4 and I have about 67 more pounds to loose for my long term goal and really need some support.
  • abrow131
    Options
    im 5'5" just started and trying to get used to this lesser eating from being an athlete i was used to eating whatever whenever until i had to stop playing now im overweight and trying to get my life back on track!
  • Foie_gras
    Foie_gras Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all --

I'm 5' 4.5" but I round up to 5' 5". :)

Before I started MFP, I was my heaviest (non-pregnant) ever. Really demoralizing. I'm making progress, which helps motivate me. But if you're like me, we need all the motivation and support we can get!

We can do this!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Look more people! Everyone is free to join the group through the link I provided :] I posted a basic worksheet to add/track our weight and if someone wants me to make a different one that includes measurements I can do that too. Thank you for all of your replies.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Sounds great! II'm 5"4 and totally in. My name is Shelley and I started out at 365 lbs and now I'm 320 lbs. My goal weight is 135-145 lbs depending on what looks good on me. :wink:

I meant to say, that is a spectacular loss and do you realize you are nearly 1/4 of the way there now? :]
  • Notyourrevolution
    Notyourrevolution Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    im 5'5" just started and trying to get used to this lesser eating from being an athlete i was used to eating whatever whenever until i had to stop playing now im overweight and trying to get my life back on track!

Re-training your brain after being a serious athlete is SO HARD! I only ended up where I am today because through most of my 20s I ate the way I had in my teens when I was in the pool six days a week. I TOTALLY understand!
  • meg1hirschi
    Options
    5' 3" and totally in!!!!
  • Shellsmiley
    Options
    Thanks for the group! ITS AWESOME!!! ^_^
  • livestrong65
    livestrong65 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm in with 5"4 and 167 lbs.......never been so heavy. Need to lose 10% first but a total of 20 lbs! Anyone here can add me, please. Together we're strong.