Down With Muffin Top!

Options
Ok, so I'm 10 lbs down but I'm not impressed. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as all hell...but I'm now back to my original weight before I completely let myself go. I still have 11 more lbs to go and then I'll be thrilled. So now to kick it up a bit. Time for some exercise and I dont mean chasing my 1 year old around the house. SO, if you've been doing a certain exercise that's clearly been working for you (specifically around the muffin area) please share!

Replies

• The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My muffin area was the first to go! I lost it by Zumba. Now since I heard you can't spot reduce, Zumba might not work for everyone the same, but it helped me. :)
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    25 minute sessions on exercise bike: alternate 2 mins steady comfortable level with 2 mins HARD
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I walk alot...and I stopped eating processed foods, and I cook all meals at home. My muffin top is gone now....thank goodness....I hated it!!
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    TurboFire is great!!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Core workout and stretching. Lots of ankle touchers, leg raises and hanging pikes. Also spinning. Great core workoit.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Insanity is pretty insane but it's the first routine I've done that I feel made the biggest difference in my mid section.
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    Thanks for the tips...I'm really looking forward to working out and finally getting rid of my kangaroo pouch! I'm not too sure about Insanity. I have tried it, and after the 3rd day I couldnt bend my legs and almost fell down the stairs lol! But, I do believe that once I get back into the routine of working out I would like to try Insanity again
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    What is a hanging pike?
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    try ANYTHING by Jillian Michaels. Been doing her Killer Abs. That coupled with my other workout routines (running, spinning, weight lifting, etc.) has really helped to shed some fat off those hateful handles.
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    My coworker is also doing the Jillian Michaels, I think I'll try that
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Some good advise here. I had a terrible muffin top, the exact reason i joined this site...but although it's still there somewhat, at 52..it's hard to be rid of it completely for me, Good luck :)
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd like to know!
  • criss1210
    Options
    Lots of cardio! I've been doing insanity and my "love handles" (especially in the back) were the first to go! I was pretty impressed...I haven't lost much weight but you loose killer inches on insanity. Insanity is all cardio so that's why I'm suggesting lots of cardio. Strength training is very important also, but that is what helped specifically for that muffin top! Good luck!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    What is a hanging pike?

Its a leg pull up you do while hanging from the bars.
  • criss1210
    Options
    If insanity is too hard on your joints, I have heard great things about Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I actually just started day 1 last night. I just don't have the energy to do insanity EVERY DAY so I'm doing that on the my days off of Insanity just to have a good workout. I broke a pretty good sweat and you can def feel it. It's a mixture of cardio and strength which is always great.
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred

Yes! I am doing this and it works!
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can buy it on Amazon or at Walmart or Target for like $10. It's sooo worth it! Make sure to stick with it though. I am on level 2 and love it! I have lost inches and tooks pics, and so far I can see definition in my stomach. Good luck, girly!
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    What is a hanging pike?

Its a leg pull up you do while hanging from the bars.

Ummm not sure I'm quite cut out for that one...I can see it now :indifferent:
  • jaleungs8
    Options
    You can buy it on Amazon or at Walmart or Target for like $10. It's sooo worth it! Make sure to stick with it though. I am on level 2 and love it! I have lost inches and tooks pics, and so far I can see definition in my stomach. Good luck, girly!

Yes, I'm looking forward to starting...it seems like I've been hearing so much about it all of a sudden.