Hungry Girl

Options
Hello, everyone!

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever fixed any other the recipes from the Lisa Lillien Hungry Girl cookbooks? I have tried a few and to be honest they are really good. I have a couple of her cookbooks and and Supermarket strategy book. They are low in calories and delicious at the same time. Any thoughts out there? Thanks and have a blessed day!

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am making her cannoli french toast this weekend. I will report back.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl, I have been a subscriber for quite a while. It helps me get ideas for staying on track.
  • mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tried the butternut squash fries, they were a little mushy but very tasty so I would like to try them again and cut them larger next time. I want to try the egg mug at work.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I loved this recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2324 (Honey BBQ Wing Swap)
    I also liked her idea for Mexican Lasagna but tweaked it a bit. I am definitely planning to try more!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have tried a good bit of her recipies! I actually just had her "winner winner chicken dinner" last night and oh my is it amazing!
    It has chicken with onion soup mix on it with summer squash and mushrooms! Heaven in every bite!
  • I LOVE HG! I have not had a bad recipe! ENJOY!
  • CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the Hungry Girl cookbook and I love it!!!
  • Jenna9797
    Jenna9797 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl is partially responsible for my weight loss. I could not have done it without her tasty recipes.
    I give her stuff two thumbs up!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    No to Hungry Girl!! Most (not all) of her recipes are filled with low-fat, processed foods filled with chemicals. Not healthy at all.
  • annehart00
    Options
    I like the Hungry Girl cookbooks but I've backed away from the recipes that use ingredients that are overly processed, fat free, or use sugar alternatives. That being said I love their chicken fingers and onion rings.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I tried the butternut squash fries, they were a little mushy but very tasty so I would like to try them again and cut them larger next time. I want to try the egg mug at work.

I make scrambled eggs in the microwave all the time. Make sure you DON'T use a plastic container though - it always melts.
  • itswennndy
    Options
    I absolutely love love her recipes. I could not even wait for her new one "hungry girl to the Max" to come out.......it just came out on the 16th, its the best. Her 300 under 300 is good too. I guess you could say I love them all. What I really love is that there is a photo for each recipe on her web site and every recipe i have made the family loves too! My favorite is her spaghetti swap with meat balls..... and her corn chowder and wait there is to many to mention haha! she even has a low calorie drink book.. yum. You should get on her weekly email list, she sends out new recipes and helpful hints weekly.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love her! My favorite are the H-O-T Buffalo Wings and Yum Yum Brownie Muffins.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I make HG recipes all the time. My ALL TIME fav HG recipe is the easy cupcake/muffin recipe (1 box of cake mix - any flavor and 1 can of pumpkin). So easy and I get my sweet fix! It is almost a guilty pleasure, but without the guilt! LOL

I also like using the Broccoli Slaw mix or Shirataki noodles instead of pasta.

:heart: Hungry Girl :heart:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The only thing i have tried so far is the one where you mix club soda with a cake mix instead of eggs and oil. I absolutely love it, and the family does too.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I loved this recipe: http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2324 (Honey BBQ Wing Swap)
    I also liked her idea for Mexican Lasagna but tweaked it a bit. I am definitely planning to try more!

Those look awesome!
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The onion rings are TO DIE FOR! OMG...Super fantastic.

I also tried the burrito, sorry I don't remember the name. I highly recommend her recipes.
  • mjames38
    Options
    Her Smore sandwich recipe is Wonderful! I make them all the time.
  • shawndoss45
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have done some of the egg mug recipes, but I want to try some of the dinners. Thanks for posting ;)