Motivational Quotes

Options
Experience shows that an athlete who forces himself to the limit can keep going as long as necessary. This mean that ordinary effort will not tap or release the tremendous store of reserve power latent in the human body. Extraordinary effort, highly emotionalized conditions or a true determination to win at all costs will release this extra energy. Therefore, an athlete is actually as tired as he feels and, if he is determined to win, he can keep on almost indefinitely to achieve his objective. The attitude "you can win if you want to badly enough" means that the will to win is constant. No amount of punishment no amount of effort no condition is too "tough" to take in order to win. Such an attitude can be developed only if winning is closely tied to the practitioners ideals and dreams.

- Bruce Lee -

Replies

• Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    anyone, anyone? No one has anything?
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    Success Trains - Failure Compains!!!

Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    "Sometimes...you just have to pull up your BIG GIRL panties and do it - whether you want to or not...."

"Your mistakes do not define failure, they define your efforts. We all stumble. But what seperate those who fail, is the perseverance to keep moving forward...Despite the odds...."
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    Most beginning athletes are unwilling to drive themselves hard enough. They should punish themselves and then rest adequately, only to increase the output of effort after the rest. Long hours of work made up of many short, high-speed efforts interspersed with periods of milder activity seem to be the best enduract-training procedure.

Enduract is developed by HARD and CONTINUOUS exercise which exceeds the "steady" physiological state and produces near exhaustion, temporarily. Considerable respiratory and muscular distress should develop.

- Bruce Lee
  • illgetthere145
    illgetthere145 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If your tired of starting over quit giving up!
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    "you are the CEO of your one person company" Chris 'macca' McCormack (World champion ironman)
  • boopboopadoop
    Options
    Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I post one every weekday. Here is what I have posted so far:

It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.
    Dr. Seuss

I declare that no accomplishment has substance nearly as great as the road used to achieve it. We are not creatures of destinations, it is the journey that shapes us.
    Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings: Book One of The Stormlight Archive

Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.
    Sri Chinmoy

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    Harvey Fierstein

Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.
    Bill Cosby

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
    Frank Herbert

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
    Winston Churchill

Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey…. delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride
    Gordon B. Hinkley

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
    Buddha

You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you. Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities.
    Gordon B. Hinckley

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
    Walt Disney

Learn from the past, set vivid detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.
    Denis Waitley

What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
    Robert H. Schuller

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
    Leonardo da Vinci

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Albert Einstein

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    Helen Keller

America's health care system is in crisis precisely because we systematically neglect wellness and prevention.
    Tom Harkin

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
    Anais Nin

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
    Frank Herbert, Dune

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
    Bruce Lee

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
    Calvin Coolidge

The only reason you hold back from expressing your greatness is because of some made up fear about actually living from that greatness. It’s time to make up a new story. Life is what you make it!
    Paul Hoffman

Heaven, you fool? Did you ever year of any pirates going thither? Give me hell, it's a merrier place: I'll give Roberts a salute of 13 guns at entrance.
    Thomas Sutton

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
    Wayne Gretzky

Don't do what you want. Do what you don't want. Do what you're trained not to want. Do the things that scare you the most.
    Chuck Palahniuk

Confine yourself to observing and you always miss the point of your life. The object can be stated this way: Live the best life you can. Life is a game whose rules you learn if you leap into it and play it to the hilt. Otherwise, you are caught off balance, continually surprised by the shifting play. Non-players often whine and complain that luck always passes them by. They refuse to see that they can create some of their own luck.
    Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power.
    Clint Eastwood

Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
    Sasha Cohen

It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
    Dalai Lama

You can't base your life on other people's expectations
    Stevie Wonder

Great acts are made up of small deeds
    Lao Tzu

So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.
    Dr. Seuss

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.
    Michael Jordan

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
    Bill Cosby

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    Bruce Lee

A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they feel they can't do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.
    Chuck Norris

Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.
    Chuck Palahniuk

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
    Frank Herbert, Dune

All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible
    T.H Lawrence

Without health life is not life; it is only a state of langour and suffering - an image of death.
    Buddha

You can do anything, but not everything.
    David Allen

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
    Dr. Seuss

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Albert Einstein

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    Bill Cosby

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
    Dr. Seuss

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    Mark Twain

Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.
    Joss Whedon

I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.
    Georg C Lichtenberg

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
    Aristotle

Each person’s task in life is to become an increasingly better person.
    Leo Tolstoy

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

You did then what you knew how to do, And when you knew better, You did better.
    Maya Angelou

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
    Bruce Lee

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
    C.S. Lewis

Don't give up. I believe in you all. A person's a person no matter how small.
    Dr. Seuss

Take your pleasure seriously
    Charles Eames

You are today what you ate yesterday.
    Janae Devika

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
    Robert Frost

If you can dream it, you can do it.
    Walt Disney

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
    Mark Twain

Sometimes you just have to jump out the window and grow wings on the way down.
    Ray Bradbury

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
    Thomas Edison

That's the best revenge of all: happiness. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good ****ing life.
    Chuck Palahniuk

Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.
    Dr. Seuss

If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything.
    John Wooden

Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.
    John F. Kennedy

Listen to the people who love you. Believe that they are worth living for even when you don't believe it. Seek out the memories depression takes away and project them into the future. Be brave; be strong; take your pills. Exercise because it's good for you even if every step weighs a thousand pounds. Eat when food itself disgusts you. Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason.
    Andrew Solomon

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.
    Charles R. Swindoll

20 years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the one’s you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    Mark Twain

All great experiences that engage us have an element of uncertainty at their core.
    Aaron Dignan

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
    Abraham Lincoln

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind
    CS Lewis

You’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
    Jim Rohn

Reduce everything you want to do to an action you can do right now.
    Jason Randal

Everything is energy and that's all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosiphy. This is physics.
    Albert Einstein

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
    George S. Patton

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
    Dr. Seuss

First we make our habits, then our habits make us.
    Charles C. Noble

You can’t cure obesity with bigger pants. My solution is the opposite: put those damned tight pants on and keep wearing them. When they bite at you, it's a reminder to take the stairs instead of the elevator, eat a piece of grilled salmon instead of a chocolate bar and bologna sandwich, and to start walking and biking more. Those tight pants are your biggest ally in addressing the underlying problem – if you give them up, you'll be allowed to forget what the real problem is: your lifestyle has become unhealthy and you're doing everything with a dull saw!
    Mr. Money Mustache

You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright.
    Andrew Zuckerman

The reason that most of us are unhappy most of the time is that we set our goals-not for the person we're going to be when we reach them-we set our goals for the person we are when we set them.
    Jim Coudal

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins - not through strength, but through persistence.
    Buddha

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".
    Mary Anne Radmacher

Persist.
    Austin Madison

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
    Audrey Hepburn

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    Lance Armstrong

Complaining Is Stupid. Either Act or Forget.
    Stefan Sagmeister

Love and desire are the spirit's wings to great deeds.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Either you run the day or the day runs you.
    Jim Rohn

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

With self-discipline most anything is possible.
    Theodore Roosevelt

When you fail you learn from the mistakes you made and it motivates you to work even harder.
    Natalie Gulbis

Change before you have to.
    Jack Welch

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
    Muhammad Ali

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
    Thomas Jefferson

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
    Norman Vincent Peale

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
    Henry David Thoreau

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
    Robert J Collier

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
    Jim Rohn

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.
    Denis Waitley

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
    David Viscott

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
    Ralph Marston

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.
    Dr. Denis Waitley

Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.
    Bertolt Brecht

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
    William James

Change alone is eternal, perpetual, immortal.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

It’s the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself.
    Muhammad Ali

You're never beaten until you admit it.
    George S. Patton

Virtues are acquired through endeavor, which rests wholly upon yourself.
    Sidney Lanier

Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail.
    John Donne

The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
    Confucius

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
    Dean Acheson

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.
    M. Scott Peck

Decisions determine destiny.
    Thomas S. Monson

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.
    Saint Teresa of Avila

Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
    John F. Kennedy

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
    Frederick Douglass

I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.
    Ken Venturi

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    Wayne Dyer

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
    Nido Qubein

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
    C. S. Lewis

If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win.
    Carl Lewis

Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
    Frank Herbert

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
    Kyle Chandler

The past is behind--we must learn from it. The future is ahead--we must prepare for it. The present is now—we must live in it.
    Thomas S. Monson

Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
    World Health Organization 1948

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
    Winston Churchill

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.
    Paul Dudley White

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
    Albert Einstein

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
    Victor Kiam

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    J.K. Rowling

Sure I am of this, that you have only to endure to conquer.
    Winston Churchill

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
    Jim Rohn

Belief creates the actual fact.
    William James

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never, never, never give up.
    Winston Churchill

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

For a gallant spirit there can never be defeat.
    Wallis Simpson

He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.
    Thomas Carlyle

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.
    Winston Churchill

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
    Norman Vincent Peale

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

If a man achieves victory over this body, who in the world can exercise power over him? He who rules himself rules over the whole world.
    Vinoba Bhave

Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.
    William James

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
    Mahatma Gandhi

It's always too early to quit.
    Norman Vincent Peale

I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
    Winston Churchill

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.
    Tommy Lasorda

Weakness of Attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.
    Winston Churchill

A healthy outside starts from the inside.
    Robert Urich

Continuous effort-not strength or intelligence-is the key to unlocking our potential.
    Winston Churchill

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
    Langston Hughes

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end.
    Winston Churchill

Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.
    Marcia Wieder

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
    Winston Churchill

You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
    Henry D. Thoreau

The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be.
    Horace Bushnell
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be ashamed of your past. Everything which you have done in the past, has made you who you are today. If your past didn't happen, you wouldn't be the person that you are now.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love the collection!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    “It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
  • mgreenham
    mgreenham Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), BBC radio broadcast, Feb 9, 1941

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
    George Washington Carver (1864 - 1943)

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
    Mark Twain
  • Dunkelheit666
    Options
    One who attempts too much, succeeds in nothing.

I Ching Wisdom