Hi!

Options
Well, here I am. 38 years old, 5'6" and currently 168lbs. I found myfitnesspal back on the 16th of October when I weighed 173lbs. I actually started trying to get this weight off when I stepped on a scale and 181 popped up on the digital display. I had only ever seen those numbers while pregnant, and there I was more than a year out from my last delivery faced with 181!!

I started trying to watch what I ate, and picked up some exercises from the now canceled TV show The Revolution. The weight started to come off, and then we put our house on the market and stress and eating out etc etc just blew everything up for me. I started creeping back towards the 180's again.

Now we are a little more settled and I'm tired of feeling this way. I don't want to be the fat mom anymore. I don't want to hide from the camera. I want to be present in my family's lives.

I can't believe I've owned up to not only my age, but my weight here!!
Can't do anything about my age, but my weight is totally in my control now and for always.

Replies

• kookeepup
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!

I started out at 180 as well but now that my kids are 17 & 18, I can start focusing on myself. I've been logging for 45 days now and this has helped me a great deal. I'm now at 169 and my target goal is 155. Since I've been logging everything, this has helped me become more aware of what I eat throughout the day. I exercise 5-6 days a week on the elliptical, bicycle or strength training for 60 minutes and this has helped me lose some pounds. Feel free to add me if you wish and good luck to you, I know you can do it!
  • 42StepC42
    Options
    Thank you!!

I'm trying to add in more exercise, but I have an excuse list a mile long. >.< Right now I'm mostly jogging in place while the little ones are having lunch or napping or whatever. 5 mins here, 5 mins there. It eventually adds up though.

I really do like the accountability of logging everything I eat. I've seen lots of "experts" advise keeping a food journal but it just never clicked for me. Having the app on my phone (which is never far from reach) has helped immensely.

Your target goal is my first goal. I'm setting milestones to keep me motivated. We are so close to that goal it's amazing!!