New comer that does P90x

Options
Hi my name is Leah and I have been working out with P90x for 5 weeks now. I am a 29 (almost 30) year old woman, who is happily married and has 2 wonderful children. I have alos been on the Atkins diet since Thanksgiving and to date have lost 36lbs. I am increasing my carb count significatly to compensate my calorie and carb burn from exercising in such an extreme way. I am looking for a group of individuals that can keep me motivated and out of trouble when it comes to food. I am so afaird of eating more than 20 carbs daily. I am going to increase to 120 carbs daily to stop the dizzy spells I am having during and after workouts. Is there anyone else out there doing the P90x workout too???

I love this workout and trying to get the most out of it...Please help with the anti-diet thing!!! Hoep to make new friends with the same weight lose goal as I do, to become thin and toned. And of course back to the pre-baby workout!

Replies

• BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Welcome Leah! You will find tons of Beachbody fans on this site! Currently there are at least 2 very active p90x threads going...1 is titled "p90x...starting a new thread..." & the other is "first round p90xers". You can find lots of support & advice on either of these.

Carbs are not an enemy. Especially if you workout hard to beachbody programs, you will need the fuel to get the most out of the workouts. Just choose your carbs wisely...complex carbs like whole wheat, sweet potatos, etc. I'm on my 2nd round of p90x & achieved my weight loss goals w/p90x round 1. I also dropped my body fat down by 7% in round 1. I followed the nutrition guide, which will gradually get your carb levels up throughout each phase.

Hope to see you on the p90x threads! :flowerforyou:
  • Jglover30
    Options
    Hi! I don't do P90 X but a lot of my friends have tried it and I generally work out 90 mintues - 2 hours per day (some days 4 :))so I understand the high intensity work out mentality and I think you'll feel soo much better with the additional carbs. I think you're definately on the right track. Keeping track of my food and exercise here has helped tremendously and I've only been here a week! So just make sure you keep tracking everything. If you feel like you're not getting the results you want, go back and look at your tendancies and try to make a change.

I love this site. I hope that put your mind at ease a little!
  • leahmcdonald
    Options
    Thanks for the posts. I need support and I appreciate that there are others out there that are trying so hard to lose the weight and get in shape!! We can do it!!!!
  • chickylet
    chickylet Posts: 76
    Options
    I have done 2 rounds of P90X. Just finished the last round the beginning of Feb. I love the workouts too. I am taking a break from it right now and doing the Ripped videos and some other cardio videos. I only had 8lbs to lose and I did that before I started the workouts, but I was still size 9/10. I have gone down to size 4/5 since doing the workouts. Please don't be afraid of carbs just be smart about them. Good luck and enjoy the workouts.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Hi Leah. I am on my 6th week of P90x and i am loving it too. Its my first round also. I joined this site after the first 4 weeks cause I didn't notice any weight loss (although i did lose inces which is nice!). Before this site I was sticking to the 3000 calorie level III like they had in the nutrition guide. Since joining here i've basically gone down to level 2 and do more of a 2,500 calorie thing. Feel free to add me to your buddy list, maybe it will motivate me to keep up and not take that occasional extra rest day :)

Bring it!
  • CoachKarlaHelps
    CoachKarlaHelps Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! As someone who has done P90X for around four years, let me assure you that you can and will lose unwanted fat and do not need to worry about having too many carbs. I would love to help you in any way I can, so, feel free to message me, and I can help you with your nutritional needs, or anything else you need help with. Overall, I have lost almost 60 pounds of fat, since I started teaching myself about proper nutrition! P90X helped me with around 30 of that!

Our family started a health site to help people sift through erroneous information and increase their health. There are certain chemicals in some "food" that could seriously hurt you. Please check out this page, and let me know if you have any questions.
    http://www.healthitude.com/Ingredients_to_avoid.html

I don't check this site daily, but I saw that we are not supposed to put our e-mails on here for safety purposes. So, if I don't get back immediately, please don't be concerned. I will get back to you!!