30DS--how much worse is Level 3 vs Level 2?

Options
I have been doing 30DS for 3wks now...Mon/Wed/Fri. I have done the 1st 2 levels and my friend and I really struggled with Level 2. We can't even imagine how difficult Level 3 is! All the planks, I could barely keep myself up! :( So tell me the truth, how much harder is it???

Replies

• tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Level 2 sucks! I think level 3 is easier.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    not too much harder I actually liked level 3 better. but just my opinion. Try it, if you can't keep up you can always go back to level 2
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    don't move on to level 3 until you can get through level 2 without needing to stop in the middle of an exercise.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    If you have any kind of knee issues I would not attempt.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Although, I found Level 3 a tad bit more dificult, it was my absolute favorite level! Loved it!

When you have some time just watch through the third level and see what you think... JM loves planks....
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I cannot get through Level 2 without having to rest. I've actually dreaded exercising the past 2 days b/c I cannot stand Level 2!
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Personally, I thought Level 2 was harder than Level 3; I had to stay on level 2 for over 2 weeks! lol.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I cannot get through Level 2 without having to rest. I've actually dreaded exercising the past 2 days b/c I cannot stand Level 2!

it's quite possible that you jumped up a level too quickly.

also, you can go back and do level 1 for a few days if you want. jillian micheals won't find out.
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Gah, I do not like level 3.. After what I read I thought level 3 would be easy compared to level 2, and boy was I wrong!!!
    It is tough!!! But if you keep at it, you can do it! <3 Good Luck!
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103
    Options
    I found the plyometrics (jump training) in level 3 the biggest change from level 2. Maybe because I am just not that coordinated, it was challenging for me to keep up and maintain the cardio intensity. The armwork with weights in L2 was way harder for me than in L3.
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    it's quite possible that you jumped up a level too quickly.

also, you can go back and do level 1 for a few days if you want. jillian micheals won't find out.

Ha! Thank God for that! We were actually saying we'd be OK if we went back to Level 1 too. ;)
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I hated level 2, because I was just starting and I had a terrible condition and I couldn't hold a plank for 2 seconds straight. Now, I want to give it a try, at least I can do side planks now :)

LVL 3 is easier.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    It's not worse; it's better. More body weight training, so the moves seem easier, but I burned more calories and had more fun.
  • francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I though Level 3 was definitely harder. Especially the last circuit! :)

And I agree - do Level 1 a bit more if you need. It is a great workout at any level!!!!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Level 1. I've heard so many people say they hated level 2 and loved level 3. I'm wondering if I can just skip level 2. :wink: :laugh:
  • kaubin97
    kaubin97 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hated level 2 but have finished level 3 now and it was way easier IMO!!! You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I also thought level 2 was harder than level 3.
  • Lora_
    Lora_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Level 2 was harder for me, but I absolutely hate level 1 (I think it's more of the audio that I hate though lol)
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Level 2 sucks! I think level 3 is easier.
    ^^This^^ I've done 30DS, RI30 and am now working on Body Revolution and by far 30DS Level 2 is one of the hardest from all. IMO
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I have always said that level 2 was the worst. I, too, found level 3 easier, as many others have mentioned.