Protein Powder??

Options
lcolovos
lcolovos Posts: 10 Member
Does anyone suggest any good protein powders? I haven't taken them before and my midwife wants me to start since I lack protein in my diet. Just curious if anyone has any good recommendations. It is expensive so I would like to have to avoid the not so good ones!!

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I use AMP- Advanced Muscle Performance- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I personally like the Vanilla and the chocolate as well. You just mix it with cold water. Sometimes if I am feeling like an urge for a milkshake, I will add ice and a banana or other fruits in the blender. Its soo great. The vanilla tastes like cake batter. It is a little costly but usually they have it on sale for buy one get one half off. You can buy it at the GNC store. I make mine using just 1 scoop to 4 oz water, but you can add more as directed on the package. Give it a try. I love it!
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    I don't know if you are from the USA or Canada, but in Canada we have a protein shake called Promisil. I have been taking it for about 30 days now and I find it awesome and the taste isn't bad at all. You may be able to find it in the USA, but I am not 100% sure.
  • gsanj
    gsanj Posts: 1
    Options
    There are different protein powders out there and I've been told that the whey protein is best. I buy EAS whey protein and the vanilla flavor is great. I don't mix it with just water though. I make a shake from the ABS Diet and it really adds great flavor.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology.
  • panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have used the Jillian Michaels protein shakes and they are OK. kind of pricy for the size of container but i like the chocolate one. I would just recommend to make sure the first ingredient is 'whey protein'.
  • tankboy1274
    Options
    Check out the Syntha-6 line of protein powders... They get very good reviews and the taste is delicious...
  • kimbersierra
    Options
    I use EAS Whey protein vanilla flavor and I love it. I mix it with OJ or a fresh fruit smoothie. I think it's reasonably priced too, I get it at WalMart.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    How about the Myoplex ready to drink protein drinks? They are 150 cals, 1 g fat, 5 g carbs and 25 g protein! Perfect for pre or post workout and quick and easy. Comes in 3 flavors (maybe more but I've only seen a few), chocolate being the best.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I also use the EAS whey protein , it mixes well with water and they sell it at Sams Club. A 5 lb bag is around $35.00 and it has 76 servings per bag. You can typically change the taste of most proteins with a little additive, but this stuffs good on its own, plus it is cheap for the amount of servings you get. Always check the back of the jug or bag to see how many servings are in it and the amount of protein per serving. This bag has 23g of protein per serving and will last ya a while.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Most Protein powders use artificial sweetners to keep the calories down, so beware! I use "designer whey", which you can buy at GNC ( if you join their club, you can buy one get the 2nd 50%, and get an extra % off the first week of every month). It has 19 grams of protein, 100 calories, and uses stevia, which is an all natural sweetner. I usually just mix it with water for breakfast, but it goes really well in a smoothy too!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6 or Muscle milk taste yummy in my opinion
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    repost
  • jquintinjr
    jquintinjr Posts: 191
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey
  • betskev
    betskev Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the Jillian Michaels powders!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I second that! I use the Natural ones (no artificial sweeteners in them). I mix up a shake in my Magic Bullet with one scoop of the vanilla powder, a cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 - 1 cup of frozen fruit. Yummy!
  • cmschapp
    cmschapp Posts: 8
    Options

I second that! I use the Natural ones (no artificial sweeteners in them). I mix up a shake in my Magic Bullet with one scoop of the vanilla powder, a cup of unsweetened almond milk and 1/2 - 1 cup of frozen fruit. Yummy!

I also use ON Gold Standard Whey (Chocolate) I think it tastes better when mixed with milk. Check out vitacost.com it is the cheapest place I have found.
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    Lots of choices....I think it bears down to what you can stand taste wise