Let's help...

Options
the environment. I want to know if anyone uses the more eco-friendly ways of wrapping up their lunches, leftovers, etc. I am trying not only to be healthier, but to green my life as well. Any thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations?

Replies

• Pipergirl2
    Options
    I bring my lunch in glass containers instead of plastic and I wrap the kids lunch with aluminum foil and they re-use it (if its clean) for the whole week and then it goes in the recycle....saves us from using those plastic bags. I have also made washable napkins, the kids like it when I use different fabrics thru the year, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's...it's cheap and easy to do.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Try reusable containers that you could wash. I personally don't believe in "going green" but their are tons of good ways to do it. I know someone who washes and uses ziplock bags more than once.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use washable plastic containers, but I'd rather start using glass or steel or something. I didn't know if anybody had any suggestions of what works best.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    We use washable containers too. I'd love to get some glass ones, but we currently use plastic (or those metal thermoses for hot food). We also use cloth napkins most of the time.
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Also, check out www.reuseit.com under the lunch section..
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the website. I will have to check it out and see if I find anything. Do you have any experience using the things they list?
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I try to use reuseable containers whenever possible.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    There are re-usable containers with a hard, but slightly flexible plastic cover which gives it a good seal. We have afew of those here, I believe they are Pyrex containers