Shred - Figureing out calorie output

Options
I have been recording shred as "Aerobics, general" for 27 minutes and it's giving me 221 calorie value. Shred does have aerobics but also uses weights so it's not technically aerobics I don't think. What does others record it as? Too bad there's not a "shred" option!

Replies

• KeepingUpWithKiki
    KeepingUpWithKiki Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 30 Day Shred? I'm doing level 1 right now and according to my HRM I'm burning about 250 calories per workout. Hope that helps!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes, 30 day shred. Today will be day 4 on level 1.
  • MamaKL5
    MamaKL5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I always record it as circuit training.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Circuit training will probably be the closest.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    Options
    I tested it to see what it'd say on calories used and it showed 273. So a little over 50 cals different. That might be closer. I FEEL like I burn atleast that by the time I'm done because I really push myself to not take the easier methods she shows but I also don't want to miscalculate by a large amount. Thanks for the input! :)
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy the DVD, and found it on u-tube free, please correct me if I'm wrong, you do level 1 for 10 days and then level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10?

I'm thinking on starting Nov 1st or Dec 1st, still working on other goals right now.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    Options
    That is how I am planning on doing it. I finished day 4 of level 1 today. Once I've finished all 30 days I plan to move on to her Ripped in 30 dvd. It is similar in style but I hear it's harder than shred.