Can Polar FT4 sync with MyFitnessPal account?

Options
I know that I'm able to sync my Fitbit to MyFitnessPal account... but can the same thing be done with Polar FT4?
I tried searching forum topics to find answer but came up empty..
any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks,

Replies

• refusing2fail
    Options
    anyone?
    yes? no?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    Polar isn't listed under the app section, so I would say no.
  • refusing2fail
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I didn't think so either but wanted to make sure..
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Since a HRM is only intended for specific exercise and doesn't give you anything other than your total calories burned it really wouldn't give anything necessary for synching. If you use a HRM you would just enter the exercise you did with the calorie burn. A FitBit is giving you numbers for a whole day of indiscriminate activity.
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    No it can't -- not the FT4
  • refusing2fail
    Options
    Since a HRM is only intended for specific exercise and doesn't give you anything other than your total calories burned it really wouldn't give anything necessary for synching. If you use a HRM you would just enter the exercise you did with the calorie burn. A FitBit is giving you numbers for a whole day of indiscriminate activity.

I was just thinking it would have been a great idea to sync it to MFP and have it automatically input the calories burnt since the calories that FT4 gives me from workouts never matches what MFP has in their system..

but i guess it's not possible..
    thanks to all who replied!
  • alphakry
    Options
    this would be an AMAZING freature for MyFitnessPal to offer.

I have an FT7, which uses a USB-based "WebSync" device to upload my daily activity from my HRM to a website (polarpersonaltrainer.com)

One of my other tracking websites, ran by Virgin's Healthmiles programs - is able to sync this data to their tracking software as well, so that I only have to upload my data once via the USB device and both my Polar website and my Virgin website log the exercise data.

Any chance MFP would look into this?