need friends for support

Options
hi guys i started my weight lose journey last year i did the grapefruit diet which is low carb and high protein and i lost 15 pounds i have kept that off for a year and now i am trying to lose some more weight i started the grapefruit diet again today and i just need some support any and all friend request welcome ;)

Replies

• amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    how about you quit the grapefruit diet tonight and just begin to take on a healthier lifestyle... eat what you want within your calories and use moderation and portion control and you will still have success.

so you are going to lose 10-15lbs over x amount of time and then come next year you are going to want to diet again you should just make changes to your life that will be sustainable over a longer period of time
  • erika101710
    Options
    well it actually wasnt a bad diet and i have made changes to my lifestyle i am now exercising and i was counting calories but the weight just wasnt coming off when i did the grapefruit diet i lost 15 pounds and i never gained it back so it cant be that bad to do for a couple of weeks
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Don't do the grapefruit diet or any other kind of restrictive or fad diet. The only change you are going to sustain is change that is sustainable for a lifetime. MFP gives you control over your life. It doesn't tell you what to eat, it just tells you what you are eating. Exercise and stay within your macros and you will lose weight. It works.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    well it actually wasnt a bad diet and i have made changes to my lifestyle i am now exercising and i was counting calories but the weight just wasnt coming off when i did the grapefruit diet i lost 15 pounds and i never gained it back so it cant be that bad to do for a couple of weeks

the exercise and watching what you ate was what helped you keep the lbs off... now you may want to set new goals for yourself like a new pants size or a rounder booty or whatever you want but it is just my opinion that diets dont work and they are only short term. you can achieve greater success by just eating at a deficit along with good rounds of cardio and strength training.

the number on the scale dont mean anything the most important thing is how much fat you have on your body...

but whatever path you choose to take it is all about what will make you happy in the long run. good luck on your journey
  • ryang99
    ryang99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everybody here is will support you... Just keep up the good work, you made the right choice in coming to MFP... the apps and support are great. Friend request will be sent
  • jennberry3
    Options
    I think focusing more on a healthy, well balanced diet will help more than restricting what you're eating. Added you as a friend so we can support each other.