Starting the 30 day shred and I'm terrified!

Options
Hey guys -

So I'm trying to lost 27 pounds and so far, after 2 weeks of South Beach I'm down 9 pounds already!
But in addition to losing the weight, I really need to tone up and get into shape. So after hearing everyone rave about Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred (and seeing some amazing before and afters) I am starting the program today and I couldn't be more scared!

Everyone on MFP says that they love it but that it makes you so sore you can barely move - so I need some encouragement that this thing is actually possible to do!

I took my measurements and here they are (I'll update it at the end of each level):

Starting measurements:
Bust - 37
Waist - 29.5
Hips - 40.5
Right arm - 12
Left arm - 12
Right thigh - 22
Left thigh: 21.5
Starting weight: 133.6

Wish me luck!

Replies

• itstrickyyxx
    Options
    I'm starting today too! :)
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    Don't stop, after about day 3 on each level thats when your soreness is going to go away. you just have to push through it.
    it hurts and it's really hard to walk or do anything but the soreness reminds you that your doing it right. (:

I need to start it again.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    No need to be scared my dear! Do it at your own rhythm and be careful with your movements, you will be just fine. : )
    Do not forget to drink lots and lots of water!
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to be scared about. The first couple days will be the toughest cause ull be sore but push through it and it does get easier. I'm about half way done with it. Today is day 5 of level 2 and I love it,not so much when I'm actually doing it,lol but when I'm done I feel great. Good luck
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared. You may be a little sore the next day, but trust me, it's a good sore- means you worked hard!
  • sashab4
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement you guys! I finished the workout and it was hard but not as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm sure I'll be cursing Jillian tomorrow though once the soreness kicks in...

I have a question - do you guys do extra cardio (like the elliptical or stationary bike) in addition to this workout?
  • Feebee4
    Feebee4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give you is do a longer stretch at the end. (May stop you feeling so sore) also don't be disappointed if you don't lose much weight. You may not lose weight but you will lose inches!!! ( I'm on level 2 day 6) It's the 3rd time I'm doing it and am loving it. I always fogret what a brill work out it is. Anyway Good Luck with it :)
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Soreness is the body's response to something it isn't used to. The best thing to do when you're sore is do what made you sore again. This teaches the body this is the new normal and it better get with the program.

Note - This refers to soreness, not injury.