Help Afternoon Slump

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem? I find I'm exhausted in the afternoons, Mornings I'm fine after I've had my coffee for the day. Around like 3:00 I just want to sleep:yawn: . I take a multi-vitamin everyday, drink water usually 8 cups sometimes more. I eat breakfast, snacks don't eat junk food. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've had blood test and everything is fine the doctor says........ HELP!! Any Idea's would be appreciated. Thanks.:smile:

Replies

• Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    I usually have a snack in the afternoon and I'll eat it when I start feeling fatigued like that. I mostly use snack as an excuse to get up, walk around, and stretch a bit. Loosening up my muscles and getting my heart moving just a bit faster help me.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I'm a SAHM and definitely hit that slump too! Are you getting enough sleep at night? Drinking enough water? If so maybe try getting up and taking a little walk around the office if you can, have a snack (if you're hungry) and get in a couple of good stretches & fresh air. I sometimes skip my morning coffee if I know I'm going to have a long day. I ususally drink a diet soda (some people don't recommend doing this) to get a little energy burst. I also take vitamin b-12 pills.
  • bigdawggs
    bigdawggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and i have found that a Nutrilite Energy Bar, "Chocolate Nut Roll" helps with craving and also gives you more energy in the afternoon. Also tastes great too. If you're interested check it . Low calories too.

http://rwarren6.qhealthbeauty.com/products/product.aspx?itemno=106528
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    I get lots of sleep, go to bed at 10:00 up at 6:30. I take a B- Complex vitamin and Omega 3-6-9. Leaving my desk helps a bit but as soon as I get back it's sleep mode again. I don't drink pop cause it bothers my stomach.
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    I too suffer from the same afternoonn slump! I find that by taking my multi-vitamin in the afternoon with lunch gives me the extra boost I need to keep me going until bedtime!
  • Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling really tired too...but I haven't been taking the vitamins supplements...think perhaps I should...maybe it's when our bodies are pulling on reserves for calories that we experience this??
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like b-12 sub-lingual lozenges for the afternoon slump. A couple of 'em under the tongue and I can make it through the rest of the day. Not like an energy drink burst but a little help. Also I used to love 5-hour-energy in the afternoons when I was stuck in the office all day.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    This is due to a NORMAL circadian pattern. We all have a lull in the afternoon- this is due to our natural diurnal variations in hormone levels. :smile:
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i too get tired right when i get home from school at 3. all i feel like doing is eating and curling up on the couch. i found that i give myself about 20 minutes when i get home to prepare a small snack and sit down and eat it. i feel more satisfied when i "prepare" this snack rather than grabbing something from the fridge and standing right there to eat real quick. i sit for a few minutes to digest. then i put on my tennis shoes and get moving! its hard to start at first, but it actually leaves me feeling MORE energized and less hungry. after that, i drink lots of water, pack my lunch, and start preparing my dinner. if i do a hard work out, i don't even feel hungry until my dinner is ready to eat.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    This is due to a NORMAL circadian pattern. We all have a lull in the afternoon- this is due to our natural diurnal variations in hormone levels. :smile:

thanks for the info.! i guess you learn something new every day.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    :cry: No problem! I'm in the middle of my slump right now.