under calorie intake

Options
I am under my calorie intake by 600,
does this mean i just keep eating till i get there,,,
or.. do i just call it a night and try again tomorrow?

Replies

• Quannicab
    Options
    When I am under my calorie count, I try to stay there. if your still hungry then you have 600 calories to spare but if your full call it a day. I was under 1,184 calories yesterday after exercising and left it at that.
  • mutleycakes
    mutleycakes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am under most days espeially when i have been gym. i leave it at that. as long as i have had 3 meals and not starving
  • emarge
    emarge Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing! I am on very low carb/high protein diet due to my insulin resistance syndrome. For the 1st time ever I am struggling w/ eating enough food! Last night it was 8pm and I realized I barely had 900 calories eaten! But yet, I had met my protein for the day (at least 78g).

I have heard so much about making sure you eat enough so that your body doesn't go into "starvation mode" and then you are actually hurting yourself...and your weight loss goals.

I'm in a quandary....Last night I ate an avocado & some green beans to take me just under 1200 cal...but still staying under my 35g per day carb limit. I just don't want to do harm to my body b/c I'm not eating enough as I am working like crazy to get myself healthy and thriving again....
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    600 calories under is a lot and could put you in some deficits. Ask you MD about it each person can respond differently and watch for awhile and see what your body is telling you by fatigue, hunger, skin and muscle tone and nails are also a good indicator. The general rule is never go below 1,200 but that a guideline and for some it is normal and still healthy my MD standards to be below that based on size etc. Check in with professionals that can look at your individual case.
  • lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If y'all are having troubles hitting your goal on a consistent basis, you could start adding more fats into your diet.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    I assume your calorie intake goal is set up so you can lose weight. Now that's already below your baseline. If you're going even below that be 600, then you get into severe dieting, which can lead to health problems.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If it's a one time thing and you're not hungry I would just stop there. But you need to plan your diet so you get in your calories the best you can. Personally I don't eat diet food so rarely go under my calories by much. It won't take long before you find the right balance for yourself.
  • cutlass91int
    Options
    Im new to this site, im usually 500 - 700 under my calorie count. but ive noticed i do have more energy as of lately. ive increased my cardio time this week as well. i used to eat only 2 meals a day, skipping lunch. ive change that to include lunch now. but i mainly just eat veggies, some fruits, boiled eggs, and variety of chicken and turkey. ohh and some pistachio nuts from time to time lol. im hopin i can stick to this long term. but is it necessary for me to fill my calorie count each day?