Question about itchiness

Options
Something new is happening. It has been bothering me for about a week now. My belly is itchy !!!! There is no rash - no redness - that is no redness before I start scratching it LOL. My question is....is it possible I am feeling the itchiness because of my shrinking belly? My weight loss has been about 5 to 8 pounds a month - and I am reaching the 45 pound mark - so I am thinking my previously overstretched skin is readjusting itself to the now not quite so stretched state and that may be what is casuing the itchy feeling. Has anyone else ever experienced or heard of such a thing - or do I need to go buy some calamine lotion in a hurry?

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    possibly, but it could also just be dry skin this time of year.
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ontario itchyness.. I suggest LOTS of lotion, get a really good one :)
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    it sounds like a pups rash (don't know if i spelled that right) I got that when I was pregnant. It has to do with stretching skin, so possibly it could go the other way. You might want to ask your doctor to make sure it's not something else if it's that bothersome, though
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    Personally, I itch when I'm either loosing or gaining weight. I have noticed that my belly and thighs have been itchy since i've started the weight loss thing too. I suggest you use a lot of lotion. I have been using the mary kay cellulite lotion to help firm up my skin too and make it look a little better. I get a good deal cause I have a friend who sells mk, but there are a ton of other "firming" lotions out there that cost less and do the same thing. Keep up the good work!!