Normal size/ normally active people

Options
Hello!
I have some lovely mfp friends who help motivate me through everyday (and I'm over 100 days in thanks to them!).

I'm looking for more friends like me.... read the below and add me if you want!

-I'm a normal 27 yo woman from the UK.
-I'm not overweight (my bmi is 22.7) and I'm quite active.
-I put on weight easily and find it hard to loose
-I've lost 8lb since joining mfp in June 2012
-I don't eat crap- I'm a good cook and understand the benefits of good nutrition
-I eat out regularly but pubs and restaurants not Mc D/KFC
-I enjoy exercise but fun outdoorsey things like cycling and walking, not visiting the gym or doing "Insanity" or "shred" programmes.
-I'm recovering from an injury which has left me unable to do a lot of things I'd like to
-I enjoy a treat and a drink (not stuffing my face with cake and biscuits, but a nice meal out or a glass of wine)
-I would love a totally ripped body but know that the above facts about me mean I won't have one
-I'd still like to loose a few pounds/inches but don't really have a specific "goal weight"
-I'm not religious and I am achieving this for ME, "He" 'aint helping.
-I'm totally inspired by people who have lost 100's of lb, but will never feel that sense of achievement.

If that hasn't put you off, send me a message or add me as a friend. I could do with some more support for the hard work! Especially (but not exclusively!!) if you're in a similar situation and already at a reasonable BMI, but just want to be a bit fitter! You'll make me feel more normal! ;-)

Replies

• wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Eeek I scared you all away?!
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Eeek I scared you all away?!

NO! We have some similar goals :D
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you and your journey to a healthier you. :)

We are definitely at different points on our respective journeys, and your OP makes it pretty clear that you are looking only for those whose journey looks very similar to yours. Alas, mine definitely doesn't. And interestingly enough, according to your OP, that makes me decidedly abnormal.

So again, best of luck in your endeavors to be more fit and to find like-minded MFP friends. :happy:
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options

We are definitely at different points on our respective journeys, and your OP makes it pretty clear that you are looking only for those whose journey looks very similar to yours. Alas, mine definitely doesn't. And interestingly enough, according to your OP, that makes me decidedly abnormal.

So again, best of luck in your endeavors to be more fit and to find like-minded MFP friends. :happy:

Sorry, I did wonder if I'd come across like that and that's absolutely not the case! I'd like to extend my friendship base but to include more people like me! I know it will sound really weird, but it can be very disheartening to watch people dropping amazing weights every week, and seeing their fantastic journeys! That is probably a bit messed up, and I knew as soon as I'd used the word "normal" that it would come across wrongly- I'm a totally ABNORMAL person in the majority of my personality traits and way of life! I'll go back and edit it into something that sounds more like what I mean....

Thanks for replying and pointing that out (and doing so nicely, it's great to find people on here who know how to be honest AND nice!) and I am genuinely looking for all kinds of new friends!

[edit]
    Hm, looks like I can't edit the original post, so lets see if I can re-write it to make more sense below:

"Average size/ relatively active people"

"Hello!
    I have some lovely mfp friends who help motivate me through everyday (and I'm over 100 days in thanks to them!).

I'm looking for more friends to keep me motivated, and in particular people a bit like me.... read the below and add me if you want! You don't have to be like me to be my friend (diversity make the world go around), but I know sometimes it's hard to feel motivated with the smaller weightloss/fitness goals as the results aren't so jaw-dropping!

-I'm a normal 27 yo woman from the UK.
    -I'm not overweight (my bmi is 22.7) and I'm quite active.
    -I put on weight easily and find it hard to loose
    -I've lost 8lb since joining mfp in June 2012
    -I don't eat crap- I'm a good cook and understand the benefits of good nutrition
    -I eat out regularly but pubs and restaurants not Mc D/KFC
    -I enjoy exercise but fun outdoorsey things like cycling and walking, not visiting the gym or doing "Insanity" or "shred" programmes.
    -I'm recovering from an injury which has left me unable to do a lot of things I'd like to
    -I enjoy a treat and a drink (not stuffing my face with cake and biscuits, but a nice meal out or a glass of wine)
    -I would love a totally ripped body but know that the above facts about me mean I won't have one
    -I'd still like to loose a few pounds/inches but don't really have a specific "goal weight"
    -I'm not religious and I am achieving this for ME, "He" 'aint helping.
    -I'm totally inspired by people who have lost 100's of lb, but will never feel that sense of achievement.

If that hasn't put you off, send me a message or add me as a friend. I could do with some more support for the hard work! Especially (but not exclusively!!) if you're in a similar situation and already at a"good" BMI, but just want to be a bit fitter! You'll make my small achievements feel more normal! ;-) "

Is that better?!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent to the OP! I'm normal and non-religious too!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Sorry, I did wonder if I'd come across like that and that's absolutely not the case! I'd like to extend my friendship base but to include more people like me! I know it will sound really weird, but it can be very disheartening to watch people dropping amazing weights every week, and seeing their fantastic journeys! That is probably a bit messed up, and I knew as soon as I'd used the word "normal" that it would come across wrongly- I'm a totally ABNORMAL person in the majority of my personality traits and way of life! I'll go back and edit it into something that sounds more like what I mean....

Thanks for replying and pointing that out (and doing so nicely, it's great to find people on here who know how to be honest AND nice!) and I am genuinely looking for all kinds of new friends!

I competely understand! The beauty of MFP is that it allows users to connect with others who can relate. In all likelihood, I can't moan about thigh-chafing and a fat apron to a friend (online or otherwise) who wears a size 0. And if that same size 0 friend complains to me about clothing stores not carrying small enough sizes, then I will nod sympathetically whilst I envision cramming Twinkies down her throat. :happy:

I do sincerely wish you luck!
  • HMB_87
    HMB_87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me, I am in the UK too and am "normal" bmi, pretty much at my goal weight but want to be fitter and maintain and try to embed good habits. I know what you mean that it's easier to relate to people with similar goals!x